Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never used Fiocchi shooting dynamics . Are these quality shells or are they more like Top guns or Gun club promo shells . picked up a case of 1 1/8 oz. 1250 ftps 7 1/2's Paid $79.50 case but In todays inflated market I am thinking they are promo shells

·
Registered
128 Posts
I bought 5 flats a couple of years ago. They shoot clean and break targets. I shot them for singles and at 16yrds everything breaks targets. Didn't test how hard the shot was or do any pattern comparisons.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I bought 5 flats a couple of years ago. They shoot clean and break targets. I shot them for singles and at 16yrds everything breaks targets. Didn't test how hard the shot was or do any pattern comparisons.
Never used Fiocchi shooting dynamics . Are these quality shells or are they more like Top guns or Gun club promo shells . picked up a case of 1 1/8 oz. 1250 ftps 7 1/2's Paid $79.50 case but In todays inflated market I am thinking they are promo shells
Shot is relatively soft. Good for 16's and first shot of doubles.
Steve

·
Registered
83 Posts
Promo shells that cost more than other brands.
As AAtrap said, good for first shot on doubles (1oz) and singles. Better than gun club, IMHO.

Put em on target the clay will break and they are soft-shooting rounds. Good luck.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've used Fiocchi in Buckshot and a buddy let me shoot some 28 gauge he had on a dove hunt. I also picked up some 22-250 for the brass. I was surprised at how well they shot. They were not very expensive and as I was just wanting the brass, the accuracy of them was a plus.

Good luck and all the best.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've used Fiocchi in Buckshot and a buddy let me shoot some 28 gauge he had on a dove hunt. I also picked up some 22-250 for the brass. I was surprised at how well they shot. They were not very expensive and as I was just wanting the brass, the accuracy of them was a plus.

Good luck and all the best.
I promise I'm not trying to poo-poo your 22-250 choice; but, I've never had much luck with Fiocchi brass. The flash holes aren't always centered.

Full disclosure: this is on 223 brass. Can't imagine it is different for other calibers, tho.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I promise I'm not trying to poo-poo your 22-250 choice; but, I've never had much luck with Fiocchi brass. The flash holes aren't always centered.

Full disclosure: this is on 223 brass. Can't imagine it is different for other calibers, tho.
No worries. When I got the 22-250, I just wanted to get some brass and put in an order with Diamond-K, but he was out. I found a box of the Fiocchi (loaded with a 40 gr. Hornady V-max),, and a box of Prvi Partisan for around $15 per box, so it was a bargain. I was re-stocking the rifle so I had some time to scrounge up some more. Diamond-K did hook me up with 150 RP, and Winchester a few months later. I haven't got to shoot it much and am still working up loads. I'll check the Fiocchi brass next time I de-prime to check the flash holes. Thanks for the heads up.

Boyds 22-250.jpg

·
Vendor
5,386 Posts
With any luck I should be acquiring several boxes of reloaded Remington .22-250 if you are interested.
Mike Battista
727 410 5212

·
Registered
889 Posts
We have been shooting the Fiocchi 1oz 7.5 1170fps loads for singles and handi. Its what we have so we are shooting them up. Can't say our scores have really suffered any because of the shells.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Used them every time we can find them. Have broke 98-99's in Handicap and have earned All American points with them more than once.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I’ve shot at least a hundred flats of Fiocchi shooting dynamics 1oz 7.5 1200fps never had a problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts