Trapshooters Forum banner

Fiocchi shells

5228 Views 30 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  Jon Arnett
Just curious why before the shortage started Fiocchi brand shells weren’t seen much in stores or at shoots around here in Oklahoma. Now it seems if and when ammo is available it is Fiocchi brand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
644 Posts
Fiocchi shells have been the lower-cost alternative to the Remingtons and Winchesters for years at the Trap clubs I frequent.

They have also been the number one choice at the nearby Sporting Clays courses because of the various configurations of loads.

· Premium Member
15,940 Posts
There main US plant is in Ozark, MO. I know they load shotgun shells there with hulls made and primed in Italy and the rest of the items sourced here (powder, shot, etc.). They are openning a second plant here, but I don't recall exactly where it will be.

I suspect it is a question of supply and demand - if a shop can't get Winchester or Remington, but Fiocchi is around, they will buy the Fiocchi.

Their ammo is really high quality, and their quality control is the best I've ever seen in the industry - prices tend to be really good as well, so why not??

From inside the plant...

White Font Line Fixture Rectangle

Reactions: N Bare

· Premium Member
Krieghoff K80
364 Posts
I wanted to try some 1oz 8 1300 Fiocchi shells.

When I got home I looked at the box and they were 7/8 oz 1300 8 Fiocchi.

I shot them for practice in sporting clays. I tightened the choke 1 step.

I shoot a Krieghoff K80 with a Soft Touch on it. I can't even feel the 7/8 oz going off.

I was shocked how far and how hard they broke targets. I shoot Remington Nitro 27 1235 1 1/8 8's for registered NSCA shooting. I just can't shoot the 7/8 oz or 1 oz for registered.

· Registered
1,539 Posts
I wanted to try some 1oz 8 1300 Fiocchi shells.

When I got home I looked at the box and they were 7/8 oz 1300 8 Fiocchi.

I shot them for practice in sporting clays. I tightened the choke 1 step.

I shoot a Krieghoff K80 with a Soft Touch on it. I can't even feel the 7/8 oz going off.

I was shocked how far and how hard they broke targets. I shoot Remington Nitro 27 1235 1 1/8 8's for registered NSCA shooting. I just can't shoot the 7/8 oz or 1 oz for registered.
Due to the current circumstances, I'm doing the same for practice. 7/8 oz., 7 1/2 @ 1325 fps. (bunker load) and it is deadly. The AA bunker load is what got me on it. Could not believe they were so good but IMO, like yours, choke 1 more constriction than you normally do. When we start seeing CD's again yielding 5%, this gouging will be long ago dead......only way to stop this inflation. Carter did it with Paul Volcker.......he broke me but stopped inflation dead.....but unbelievable painful.

· Registered
1,539 Posts
Due to the current circumstances, I'm doing the same for practice. 7/8 oz., 7 1/2 @ 1325 fps. (bunker load) and it is deadly. The AA bunker load is what got me on it. Could not believe they were so good but IMO, like yours, choke 1 more constriction than you normally do. When we start seeing CD's again yielding 5%, this gouging will be long ago dead......only way to stop this inflation. Carter did it with Paul Volcker.......he broke me but stopped inflation dead.....but unbelievable painful.

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
only way to stop this inflation. Carter did it with Paul Volcker.......he broke me but stopped inflation dead.....but unbelievable painful.
Carter didn’t do diddly about inflation. It took the election or Ronald Wilson Reagan before the fed got a grasp on it ( if, indeed, the fed got a grasp on it at all )

· Registered
1,539 Posts
Carter didn’t do diddly about inflation. It took the election or Ronald Wilson Reagan before the fed got a grasp on it ( if, indeed, the fed got a grasp on it at all )
Well, kinda.

"President Jimmy Carter nominated Paul Volcker to serve as chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System on July 25, 1979."

Inflation in 1979 Is Put at 13.3 Percent - The Washington Post

Volcker retired in '87. Inflation for '87 was 3.65%. Painful but he got it down.

During Reagan's eight year presidency, the annual deficits averaged 4.0% of GDP, compared to a 2.2% average during the preceding eight years.

I rest.

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
Well, kinda.

"President Jimmy Carter nominated Paul Volcker to serve as chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System on July 25, 1979."

Inflation in 1979 Is Put at 13.3 Percent - The Washington Post

Volcker retired in '87. Inflation for '87 was 3.65%. Painful but he got it down.

During Reagan's eight year presidency, the annual deficits averaged 4.0% of GDP, compared to a 2.2% average during the preceding eight years.

I rest.
During Reagan taxes went down. Twice.

I rest.

· Registered
1,539 Posts
During Reagan taxes went down. Twice.

I rest.
True.

December 17, 1980
Major banks across the country lifted their prime lending rate from 20 percent to a record 21 percent yesterday, and there was no sign that interest rates have peaked.

The reason I bring all this up relative to our sport is because after the hysteria we are going thru on shotgun ammo, we will have to deal with inflation if it's ever going to even closely resemble what ammo prices were 2 yrs. ago. So how can that happen with this presidency and congress with the tax/spend infection unless it's higher interest rates. They are not going to cut the budget, in fact, it will become worse, so it's higher interest rates coming down the road or a economic collapse. Of course, if it's the latter, we will have lower ammo prices.

· Keystone Shooter
2,681 Posts
Love those Fiocchi shooting dynamics (red box) I picked up three flats of them. Never shot them before. Wow! Talk about busting birds! I really love my Estates, but can’t get any. But these Fiocchi’s are great. 1200 -1 1/8 oz 8 shot smack birds hard. I like the other Italian shells, Noble Sport, 1145 1 1/8 oz 8.5 shot, soft shooting and also hit the birds hard. I called them my spaghetti rounds.

· Registered
2,995 Posts
I've never shot any of the Fiocchi shotgun shells that you have manufactured in North America. However, I've shot several tens of thousands of Fiocchi trap shells (24gm and 28gm) imported into the UK from Italy. Quality and consistency have been faultless. I've never had a single defective shell in the years I've used the brand.

· Premium Member
1,332 Posts
I've also become a Fiocchi-convert. I've been shooting their 1-oz #8 trap loads in practice to see if it affects my scores from my normal 1-1/8-oz #8 loads and the answer is a solid "no". The Fiocchi rounds break targets as well as anything in Federal or Gun Clubs. I also switched to their 7/8-oz #8 load for first shot on doubles and the low recoil improved getting to 2nd bird shots a lot.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.