Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Mec 650, and the auto primer works great with Winchester primers, okay with CCI but fiocchi primers are always getting stuck. They seem to get stuck right at the mouth of the tube. The seem to get caught some how so they won't fall down the tube. Is this just the nature of the beast with fio primers. Or has anyone else had an issue with this and have a fix?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
No facts....Just an opinion.... I love my MECs, but the one weakness is the auto-primer system. When you finally get it adjusted just tighten down all the nuts (including the one on your shoulders) and never change anything. lol
I am sure it could be just a "hair" of an adjustment but I would trade off the FIO for the Win and not mess with the press. Plus you will not have to do the expanded primer pocket thing.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
On my MEC machines, the Fio feed better than the WW. The older all nickel FIO were the best, but the current two tone work ok. One thing I found was the primers moved better if I put a little Pledge on a cloth, then wiped the bottoms of the primers before putting them in the tray. Another thing that may help is after you have the primer tray fully up is to lower it a hair. (This is for the newer, 200 primer systems.)

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have loaded 30K+ of the Fiocchi 616, mainly due to cost. I run 9000H presses, and have had similar problems with them getting stuck at the tube mouth. Seems if I tighten up the ball chain under the tray, things ran slot better.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have loaded 30K+ of the Fiocchi 616, mainly due to cost. I run 9000H presses, and have had similar problems with them getting stuck at the tube mouth. Seems if I tighten up the ball chain under the tray, things ran slot better.
Yep, I had a similar situation and I shortened up the chain by one bead and this cured my issues. Hopefully that's all it is for you too.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts