Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
The CNY Tuesday night league ( non-registered) that has 800 participants annually is set to start on May 26th. This league shoots at 11 different clubs in the general vicinity of Syracuse so I have to assume that at least these clubs have gotten the ok to go.
I live closer to the Binghamton area and only about 25% of the clubs are throwing any clay targets. The rifle ranges never really shut down and are busy.

I do know of two clubs that had the police visit a couple of weeks ago after receiving complaints from their neighbors. Both places were following proper guidelines and the police told them it was ok to continue. One of them has continued to shoot but the other one closed to avoid any possible issues. Both of these places are in areas that had some of the restrictions lifted Friday so I am waiting to hear if the closed club reopens.

·
Registered
179 Posts
It’s kinda confusing why clubs shutdown anyway. The Governor never singled out gun clubs to be shut down it was done voluntary. Clay shooting should be ok if they follow the social distancing guidelines. Open them up !!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
This is from the CNY Trap League web site:
2020 CNY Trap League will begin on May 26, 2020. Due to the ongoing concerns with COVID19, this start date may be revised again come May 2020.

That post was put up after the organizing meeting. The Governor has extended his god powers twice since then.The governor limits gatherings to 10. That has not been lifted. I wouldn't pack up my gun and drive anywhere until there is confirmation of the schedule. Some clubs are talking about limited openings for practice.

Press release yesterday:
Phase One of re-opening New York State is underway in the Finger Lakes, Central New York, and the Southern Tier, but some restrictions remain in place. Governor Cuomo has extended part of his “New York on Pause” executive order that includes a temporary ban on non-essential gatherings l

·
Registered
371 Posts
2020 CNY Trap League will begin on May 26, 2020. Due to the ongoing concerns with COVID19, this start date may be revised again come May 2020.
That post was put up after the organizing meeting. The Governor has extended his god powers twice since then.The governor limits gatherings to 10. That has not been lifted. I wouldn't pack up my gun and drive anywhere until there is confirmation of the schedule. Some clubs are talking about limited openings for practice.
Pete,
There is a just released 156 page "Guide to Reopening NY" available that is supposed to allow you to better understand what is supposed to happen. What I got out of it when I read it was a headache!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Pete,
There is a just released 156 page "Guide to Reopening NY" available that is supposed to allow you to better understand what is supposed to happen. What I got out of it when I read it was a headache!
This was sent to me thursday.
Industries Reopening by Phase

Recreation isn't until phase 4. Only Prince Andrew knows when that will be.

·
Registered
371 Posts
This was sent to me thursday.
Industries Reopening by Phase

Recreation isn't until phase 4. Only Prince Andrew knows when that will be.
Beaches are going to be allowed to open next week which makes no sense according to the reopening guidelines. To me going to a beach is a recreational activity and I'm positive there will be more than 10 people at each of them. I saw pictures of the Regional Farmer's Market in Syracuse yesterday and it looked like the crowds at the State Fair. I will mention that the vast majority of the people there were wearing masks but if that is all it takes to allow large crowds then we should be allowed to shoot trap in masks.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
not really-but my friend has a charter boat on lake Ontario and he is open for bussiness
For the record, hunting and fishing are part of the phase 1 opening. Your friend probably doesn't have very large groups either. Some of the CNY shoots have well over 200 people. That would be very noticable.

I don't agree with or support all of this New York Pause nonsense. Mostly it just gets Prince Andrew in front of the TV cameras EVERY DAY. I know some clubs that have been shooting right along. That would be their risk to take. Many clubs have unhappy neighbors that would like nothing better than an excuse to call the law and report any violation.

Do I think we should be able to shoot when we want? Absolutely !!! The only thing that will stop this foolishness is a Supreme Court case about the consttutionality of any states draconian controls over the people. That won't happen any time soon. The governor is predicting that phase 2 will start June 1st. He will milk this into August for phase 4. This isn't about the virus any more. It's about control. It's about mail in voting. The states that are not open are the ones controled by the left wing nuts.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I moved out of NY 11 years ago, partly TAXES, partly Weather, Partly Gun Control, and mostly because the Downstate idiots ruined the state, and I saw no end in sight.

Yes, I do miss my old shooting friends from NY and Canada, but sometimes you just have to get sensible and do what you think is best in your retirement years.

Florida has so much more going for it.

Pretty much freedom of gun ownership, No State income tax, lower gas prices, if you want to go out during the months that are considered a time to stay in, you at least can get out without shoveling snow.

NY kissed my fanny on the way out, and I don't plan on going back. I do feel sorry for those who are stuck up there.

You are my friends, and I hate to see what that Goofball from the lower end of the state is doing to you.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I moved out of NY 11 years ago, partly TAXES, partly Weather, Partly Gun Control, and mostly because the Downstate idiots ruined the state, and I saw no end in sight.

Yes, I do miss my old shooting friends from NY and Canada, but sometimes you just have to get sensible and do what you think is best in your retirement years.

Florida has so much more going for it.

Pretty much freedom of gun ownership, No State income tax, lower gas prices, if you want to go out during the months that are considered a time to stay in, you at least can get out without shoveling snow.

NY kissed my fanny on the way out, and I don't plan on going back. I do feel sorry for those who are stuck up there.

You are my friends, and I hate to see what that Goofball from the lower end of the state is doing to you.
Unfortunately, after this virus issue plays itself out living in NY it is only going to get worse. The price of everything is going to go up. The government is not going to give everyone $1200.00 and not expect something in return. I'm thinking there will be surcharges added to almost everything. It has already started in some of our restaurants- Coronavirus surcharge- 5%.
My wife insists that we stay close to the grandkids or I'd be gone.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts

Press release yesterday:
Phase One of re-opening New York State is underway in the Finger Lakes, Central New York, and the Southern Tier, but some restrictions remain in place. Governor Cuomo has extended part of his “New York on Pause” executive order that includes a temporary ban on non-essential gatherings l
The CNY Tuesday league is now indefinitely suspended, until all the clubs are willing to open. Each club makes their own decisions.

When you're outside, if you can't stay 6' apart, then you are supposed to wear a mask. When shooting, you're 9' away, so no masks are needed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts