Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I noticed that the shooter named ALMUDHAF didn't wear glasses.

Different safety rules for this sport I guess.

Very nice to see those orange puffs though, and so fast !

·
Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80...
565 Posts
Many wear eye muffs, low ribs, non marte carlo stocks, head down, bent neck, crawl up on the stock. Looks so uncomfortable.

·
565 Posts
Yes, watched the entire video. I definately like the empty shell net thing. We need something like that since most shoot throw away hulls now these days. I wonder if the ATA will ever change the amount of shot were allowed to use.

·
Registered
632 Posts
They are using 24 GM loads (little less that 7/8 oz). They check ammo for shot charge when you get to the finals. This is one tough game but its great especially when you can shoot in the 20's. We need more bunkers in the US.

T

·
Registered
454 Posts
Thanks for posting the video. The club at Lonato really is beautiful. I got to shoot there 3 years ago--wow what an experience!

·
Banned
958 Posts
We need more bunkers in the US.
No, we don,t need more bunkers till the existing ones are filled up and used at their capacity! More bunkers more closings!

We need to take care of the existing talents first and do the necessary changes to keep them in game.

Improve the system , become competitive internationally and the demand for bunkers will grow.

On what consideration do you suggest to somebody to build a bunker??

The bunker alone will not form Olympic champions as you can notice after two failures to participate at the Olympics!

The problem is that amateurs are deciding the politics and you get what you got

As I said, London was an accident, Rio is a confirmation of that amateur job.

Only ones that suffer are those hard working shooters who now, can,t shoot a selection match for Olympics they were dreaming for .

But who cares, an other Olympic cycle after Rio starts and everything will be just fine ... .. for those in charge!

Bill

·
Registered
14,112 Posts
You need a long term incentive.

Unless you're Kim Rhode, Vincent Hancock, or a VERY small handful of other people pretty much EVER, international shooting is not going to be your career. Simple as that.

Hell, a VAST majority of people with enough talent on the int'l scene would be SIGNIFICANTLY better off shooting ATA, NSCA, or NSSA from a financial and longevity standpoint.

Get int'l shooters endorsement deals, legitimate financial backing (so all they ever need to worry about is getting better, not trying to compete full time and work full time), sponsorships from companies outside of the sport, and legitimate financial rewards for performance, and some sort of career path/plan after they're about 30, then you'll start to grow the talent pool.

For every kid that wants to be the next Kim Rhode or Vincent Hancock, there are a thousand that want to be the next Michael Phelps, and a hundred thousand who want to be the next Labron James...

·
Registered
642 Posts
Both skeet man and Bill are right, something has to change, particularly in the funding stream. one thing I would like to see is a return of the individual trusts. Other funding streams must be exploited as well. I would like to think that conservative business men needing a tax deduction could be found. The individuals attending events like Safari Club are hit up every day but if they could donate down to the individual level they could truly see what their money is doing. Some imagination must be used. The old saw "we are the governing body for international shooting" maybe isn't making it.

·
Banned
958 Posts
Yes, the financial side is very important along with the existence of a professional coach in the same time.

You can spend tones of money without any results b/c the technical requirements of the game can.t be compromised

The big mistake you can find on the bunker fields is ;the own style; on which the shooters are trying to master the game.
Is not working like that and if is nobody there to correct you, you are toasted
You can,t shoot bunker with ATA , sporting clays approach. (technique, gun fitting etc) The games look the same, but they are way different.
USA shooting is doing a great job on funding the expenses but is not enough.
If they call themselves ;the governing body for international shooting; then several other things they should take care off.
Its time to do changes and put the US male bunker on the World map if not there is a risk to skip the next Olympics ,after Rio, too.

Bill

·
Registered
77 Posts
Italy produces more World class trapshooters than any other country because of several simple reasons .
Catch the shooters at an early age, train them with top class coaches , provide the Worlds best guns and ammunition , provide the best facilities and support Italian shooting with huge amounts of investment . SteveB

·
565 Posts
The guy shooting the K 80 with the M/c stock looks out of place..most have the drop stock ,neck bent down, thump by their nose..some even move their glasses with the stock...

·
Banned
958 Posts
Gary Anderson and Robert Mitchell had a great time watching the trap finals.
I am not sure they have noticed that were no Americans in the final.
But who cares!

Bill

1 - 20 of 25 Posts