Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well some of you may remember a couple years back we built this home range. We have been using it for private use and trying to get all the building done with the details. Anyway, we have had several shooters ask to shoot so we opened it up to a 8 week summer league starting next year. We are hoping to have 6-7 teams tops since its a one trap range. Take a look at the site and let me know your critcial advice.

Home

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,767 Posts
What you have is a destination, not just a club! Great for you and wish it was close to me!

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Congratulations...looks fantastic!

I hate to throw a wet blanket on this post, but are you aware that having a range that puts lead shot into a body of water such as the lake in your picture, is considered to be a problem by the EPA. Two things that can get a shooting range closed quickly....lead shot falling on others property and shooting into a wetlands area. It has already happened here in Florida.

If you would like more information on this issue, google the federal document "Best Management Practices for Shooting Ranges".

Good Luck and Good Shooting!

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shot does not land in the water at all. It lands well behind it. Fortunately I have a deal to buy more land around me also and will be doing that in the next 10 years.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
...Well some of you may remember a couple years back we built this home range.
I, like many, (with envy) waited for your posts to vicariously experience the steady progress you were making with your project. Well, what an amazing outcome! Congrats!!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I like that except having to decide whether to shoot trap or fish would be tough for me. Will look you up next time I am through there.
Nice place.

·
Banned
890 Posts
Nice web site but woefully short on pictures.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts