Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got to shoot my KX6 after a grueling 18 day DROS WAIT + 2 weeks waiting for our trap club to open here in Ca. Put a hundred rounds through her first chance I got. She points and swings like a dream. 22’s to 24’s first time out. The trigger is amazing. Not fit to me yet and did not punish me at all.

So to those in the know I want to transfer my measurements from my 725 combo to this gun. If all the measurements are transferred from the top of the rib back, does that sound doable ?
Would like to transfer the fitting that Dale Tate did on my 725 to this KX6.
Understand completely different comb.
What are your thoughts folks ?
Thanks.
C0EC527D-92BF-443C-8192-84B2BDB0B63A.jpeg

1708A310-C92B-4946-907F-AB9588CCA0F5.jpeg
25D025C7-2DDA-4EC7-A83A-60AC952AF2F5.jpeg

·
Registered
211 Posts
Seems logical that you could use the same measurements off the top of the rib

Reactions: fishfinaddict

·
Registered
86 Posts
Make the adjustments & see how it works, if not satisfactory then go back & have it done for you. The proof is in the shooting & it doesn't cost anything to try.

Maddad

·
Registered
211 Posts
As long as the rib is adjusted to the same poi do they really need to be the same gun?

Reactions: fishfinaddict

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I honestly would take the new gun and yourself back to him...

Taking for granted of course you were satisfied with his previous visit.

**EDIT** Nice gun !!!
That’s what my debate with myself is about. He’s not inexpensive but does know his stuff. That’s why I asked if was even feasible.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are the two ribs and barrel dimensions identical? Then I don't think so. I agree with Phatkaw
No Brian they are not, but when you transfer the sight plain from the top rib back to stock it can be adjusted to the same dimEntions. The big difference is the rollover comb.

·
Premium Member
3,145 Posts
The new K-gun ain't like your 725.
I'd try to fit it myself first and shoot it for a while & see how well you break targets. But if it's in the back of your mind while on the line... You'll know !

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The new K-gun ain't like your 725.
I'd try to fit it myself first and shoot it for a while & see how well you break targets. But if it's in the back of your mind while on the line... You'll know !
Yea my mind messes with me enough as it is phatkaw ! Most of time it’s not a problem. My first run scores unadjusted weren’t too bad. But I’ll tweak a bit and shoot a bunch see what happens. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Shooting 22-24 seems like the gun is about there with adjustments.

What is the POI at 13 yards with the 725 and the KX6?

Jason
Yes not bad but repeatability is what I’m looking for as long as I do my part. That seems the hardest thing.
Do not know Jason. Never patterned the 725 at 13yd only 27yd. That’s my next stop with both guns.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
You could adjust the pad cant according to that. The Lop shouldn't be hard either. Set the comb by shooting from station 3 with the trap set straight ahead, add or subtract washers until you are smokeballing them. I was lucky; the one I shot last summer, it fit me almost perfect as set for the owner. I shot a 24 the first round with it, and lots of them after that. As waverider said, sounds like you're pretty close as is.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Patterning from 13 yards off of a rest tells you where the gun shoots. In the case of an O/U, where each barrel shoots. This may or may not be where YOU shoot. The final tweak as entropy stated is zero the gun in to smoke targets from post 3. Lot easier from the 16 yard line, but then if it is to be mainly your Handicap gun do it from your yardage. Once zeroed, make sure to shoot a few shots from the other post. Also once zeroed in shoot from 13 yards to document the settings.

Jason

1 - 17 of 17 Posts