Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy is the Vice President at the local sportsman club here in connellsville pa. Called me one day and said come down Tuesday and start shootings league. Well o always wanted to just worked out of town all the time. Finally with sometime I got into it and never want to stop now lol. I use a 835 28" with improved modified choke. At Forst I shot an extra full and still broke 21-22s. Broke my first 25 and have shot 2 24s. I'm averaging a 20.47 and my top 13 is 21.54. I want to get an actual trap gun in the future I love the feel and shoot of my buddy's citori plus and have also shot a bt-100... Go figure two hard to find guns

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I just found this forum last night. I'm going to keep an eye out and once I scratch up the extra change (what the wife don't know won't hurt her) lol I'll post a want add.

For now I'll let the 835 beat those hi end guns lol

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Go get yourself a new bt99 with a 34 inch barrel. Can't go wrong for the price.
You can always customize it some later if you want.
Welcome to the best sport that there is.

No survivors
Bill

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
If you choose to fib to your wife about the value of your guns, please tell someone else the truth because when your are dead and gone and she wants to sell your stuff, you don't want her to give it away!

·
Registered
554 Posts
If you ever decide to look for a trap gun; look for a Remington 1100 competition synthetic; for the price of them they're a steal. Set up the adjustable comb to your shooting preference & smoke birds. Mines set up @ 60-40 POI & those targets don't stand a chance!

-ithaca

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome and tell your wife everything cost 25% of what you actually paid.
haha yea already do that.... she hasnt saw my most recent purchase.... mec9000g i wasnt really planning on buying it and i actually won an ebay auction for once.

If you choose to fib to your wife about the value of your guns, please tell someone else the truth because when your are dead and gone and she wants to sell your stuff, you don't want her to give it away!
lol shes isnt that dumb i just dont let her see purchases for a while lol and just fib a tad sayin man did i get a steal on this one

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i just started a new job 2 months ago with columbia pipeline group. fianlly got a job with benifits. by spring ill have most of my stuff paid off except for school (damn school loans.....) then its time to buy a few toys

·
Registered
547 Posts
I agree. My new wife wants to shoot some now also. Used to shoot the Pa State shoot in Elysburg. Nice place...Never forget the day I saw a Black bear behind the clubhouse walking around. Any rate, set some goals and stay focused.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
If you are interested in saving time and money when it comes to improving your game, let me suggest my late husband's instructional video. Leo Harrison III has two videos, one covers singles/handicap and all the basic fundamentals, the other covers doubles and mental game. Each one is $60 plus $7 shipping. If you want a preview, go to YouTube and search for his name. You can email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
337 Posts
If your looking at an over under you might consider a citori crossover target they go for 1650 new your getting your money's worth with them. Only thing I would do is have a aftermarket recoil pad installed the stock Browning pad is hard as a rock!! FYI: you could support a very good drug habbit for what you spend in this sport.........

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea wife wants to learn to shoot so it's all good lol just need to find time for her to go

I'm going to shoot some more of the guys guns at the club and see what feels the best

·
Registered
554 Posts
I
If your looking at an over under you might consider a citori crossover target they go for 1650 new your getting your money's worth with them. Only thing I would do is have a aftermarket recoil pad installed the stock Browning pad is hard as a rock!! FYI: you could support a very good drug habbit for what you spend in this sport.........
I see ones for sale in Ontario for $2,150. Can these guns be used for trap @ all or are they just sporting clays & skeet? What length barrels are available?
Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts