Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,351 Posts
We all make mistakes Jack and anyone that knows you is not going to rush to judge. You've built up some "character equity."

Good luck with those fingers. Got to be able to pull that trigger!

John

·
Vendor
19,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
This is how the problem went down. A FYI. and still an apology to the accused.

TShadow. This appears to be how I miscalculated. I checked your FedEx number on the day you sent it and saw that the item was in process and went about my usual stuff for a few days until Monday afternoon. At which point I brought up a saved FedEx address that somehow reran a number from a month prior. I always copy/paste numbers, but evidently I must have hit some refresh button and the old delivery came up. I was immediately struck by the notion that I might have been scammed. I then TS.com search on TheShadow and you did not come up. Seems you became TShadow* on Saturday. With those two big questions in my mind I decided to publish the thread suggesting that I had been scammed hoping to save others from loss. By that time I had already accepted my loss, but wanted to nip this in the bud for others.

And lastly, within minutes of receiving the stock from FedEx I had my apology on TS.com and the earlier accusation retracted.

In retrospect I should have given the actions more time to settle. but the doubts created by the FedEx #s and the name change sent me into action mode.

Thanks again for the stock. It is off a MX8 most likely and will show up on a gun with good metal and a booger-ed butt stock that no one wants. Taht is what I do... I make guns look more appealing and sometimes profit from the effort.

Jack

*The sign on change may have been created by mod/management to bring the poster back to life on TS.com. just a guess.

·
Vendor
19,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Yes, I erred. But posting the scammer notice was an attempt to keep fellow TS.comers from losing money as I thought I had. The technical mistake I made was not handling the FedEx tracking properly. But jumping into action after no longer finding the seller's sign-on available on TS.com is certainly a reasonable conclusion/action

All said adn done, "TShadow" (TheShadow) is a reasonable person that I would do business with again.

Finally I want to thank Claybdr and Skeet-man for pointing out that paying via "GIFTS" on PayPal eliminates their assistance should a difficulty arise. Adn as a FYI I always insist on including them in my case adn parts sales.

adn taht vutever adn ever.

Wish I were at MO Fall Hcp...

Jack

One final bump to TS.com I got quick assistance form FFarl... Thanks Aaron.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts