Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Vendor
19,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In disbelief, the item just arrived. It will take me a while to sort his out, but I certainly owe "TheShadow" a full and complete apology. Still some things I need to figure out, but it appears that all is well with the poster and now with me as He represented the item well and it is in my possession.

He Did me right. I am not easily confused but somehow my messages became mixed. And why I could not bring him up in search I do not know.

My apology to "TheShadow".

Jack

·
Registered
14,108 Posts
Dispute it with paypal is your first step.

They don't have any rules against selling gun parts, just guns (if it's OK on ebay, it's OK to pay with paypal, which a stock set would be).

·
Administrator
8,657 Posts
Anymore these days is seems that the scammers are getting increasingly sophisticated at what they do. The legit tracking # is interesting as having one that showed up as delivered to you.

·
Registered
14,108 Posts
Hopefully you didn't do as a gift. Otherwise, it should be covered under the paypal guarantee.
Very good point.

As a buyer, you have ZERO protection if you use a gift payment. As a seller, if paypal finds out you're abusing the gift option, they will lock or terminate your account.

I don't go gift payments as a buyer or a seller. If I'm the seller, I accept paypal as a convenience to the buyer and they cover the associated fees, otherwise they can mail a check or money order. If I'm the buyer, I'll cover the fees if the seller asks, or send a check or money order.

I actually had a guy get torqued at me earlier this year over $1.80 when I offered to accept paypal on a gunbroker auction as a convenience to him (even though it wasn't listed as a payment option) because I wouldn't eat the paypal fees too on top of eating shipping and gunbroker fees.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Sorry to hear that... This may help someone in the future.
If you go to Google Images and drag and drop the image/s the seller is providing into the search bar... it will find like images or identical ones. I have sniffed out more than 3 scammers that used images from some listing they found on the internet. Note: The scammers were not on TS.com.

You may want to try your Facebook profile pic also. I'm not a facebooker, but friends have told me that the profile image leaves a trail around the internet.

·
Vendor
19,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In disbelief, the item just arrived. It will take me a while to sort his out, but I certainly owe "TheShadow" a full and complete apology. Still some things I need to figure out, but it appears that all is well with the poster and now with me as He represented the item well and it is in my possession.

He Did me right. I am not easily confused but somehow my messages became mixed. And why I could not bring him up in search I do not know.

My apology to "TheShadow".

Jack

·
Administrator
8,657 Posts
Im glad you posted Jack, I was thinking about how someone could manipulate a tracking # but crazier things have happened, apologies to the Shadow on my part :)

·
Vendor
19,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He may have put me on "ignore". That may have kept me off of his other threads. Regardless I jumped to what I thought were obvious conclusions. I'll sort the details out once again tomorrow. Adn get back

·
Registered
22,778 Posts
It had been a couple of days since the tracking numbers showed it delivered. If it were me and it was shown to be delivered but no package, and attempts to contact the seller seemingly failed, I too might have gone off. Apology ought to be accepted but then again there are extenuating circumstances for Jack too. Maybe the excoriation ought to be saved for the lying driver who signed/scanned off on a delivery that hadn't yet taken place?

Reactions: trapshootin hippie

·
Vendor
19,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"TShadow" seems to be the new sign on from Saturday. I got lucky. Be vigilant in dealing with this person.

Regardless of how some might protest, computer signatures and ownership (s) CAN change.

·
Vendor
19,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don (Flashmax). I got lucky. But my usual stuff let me down. Adn Likely I did not create all of the odd details.

·
Registered
1 Posts
JACK,

Glad to hear you have had a change of heart. Maybe next time you will at least wait until the package has had time to arrive before insulting a seller on a public forum. Less emotion next time, please.

I accept your apology.

TShawdow

·
Vendor
19,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Barry. Taht's funny. Both index fingers are a step behind the rest of my typing fingers. The left index because I had it rebuilt due to old injury arthritis, the right index due the the infamous "cat bite". The left one is shorter but only moves at the hand, the righ tone is painful about 75%of the time. Been screaming pain for about a week now. Summer done Barry... On the dock is Mark, my SIL (mgr of Minneapolis GC), me in da bot... the dock goes to fast water storage where the river does not freeze.
IMG_20150928_123734.jpg

·
Banned
673 Posts
we all have the potential for screw-ups jack , barry nailed it !!! its all about what we do after the screw up that now takes center stage. you did the next right thing ,you cleaned your side of the street now its time to let er go and move forward.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts