Trapshooters Forum banner

Filling Drilled Receiver

1345 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  sandcountyalmanac
Has anyone had any experience filling holes created in a receiver after it has been drilled and tapped?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
1,364 Posts
I have accomplished this several ways. They make a plug that you can screw into the holes. This leaves a little raised spot that is slotted. The other way is to lock-tite a flat head screw into the hole (you may have to chamfer the top of the hole if there is none. There will be less evidence that there is a plug there). Then cut it off and file the screw to match the surface area. Then cold blue the plug. Regards Bob

· Registered
32 Posts
I have filled a number of holes in receivers that were drilled wrong. I chamfer the hole quite a bit, thread a screw into the hole leaving one eighth inch or the screw sticking up. Heat the remaining part of the screw bright red and peon it down tight and file down and polish.

· Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have accomplished this several ways. They make a plug that you can screw into the holes. This leaves a little raised spot that is slotted. The other way is to lock-tite a flat head screw into the hole (you may have to chamfer the top of the hole if there is none. There will be less evidence that there is a plug there). Then cut it off and file the screw to match the surface area. Then cold blue the plug. Regards Bob
Thanks for that information. ...much appreciated.

Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.