Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
455 Posts
I believe I was told once that the 8 petals open up faster which dosent necessarily open up the pattern as much as u think. It does open up a little but it uniforms the pattern! Ive shot them.for years with great results!

· Registered
1,039 Posts
I agree with the scrunching comment. Went back to 4 petal pattern and shoot the same pattern land on the ground at the same distance from me after fired. Loaded some powder got hung up when I tore them apart there was some pedals folded in and shot was in-between the wad and hull on the 8 petal. Just my experience with them. Downrange makes the best wads out there in my opinion. Just didn't see any advantage in the 8 petal.

· Supporting Vendor
1,367 Posts
Pull it, if you want to mix and match your next case of wads I would gladly so that. I am picking up my restocking order next week . Terry.

· Registered
638 Posts
Put the wads in the dryer for 4 or 5 minutes. The heat relaxes the petals and opens them up so the go on to the tool easily. I have been shooting them for 20 years and they work great. DON'T LEAVE THEM IN THE DRYER OTHERWISE YOU WILL FIND ONE IN YOUR SHORTS.

· Registered
3,249 Posts
There's no ballistic difference between 4-petal and 8-petal...just a matter of preference and tradition according to the folks at Downrange Mfg.

I have never had to put DR 8 petal wads in the dryer...ever.

Keller

· Registered
3,703 Posts
Keller, I put my purple DR 8 petal wads in the dryer. Too much trouble otherwise.

Don't understand why anyone would be upset with wads in the dryer, won't hurt anything.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.