Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little rant, been through this before and should have known better. Several times have tried to purchase shells which a Dicks flyer had on sale but with no luck, they always had some excuse!! Well now in our area of Pennsylvania, Dicks has branched off and opened Field & Stream. Their answer to Cabelas, Gander Mountain, ect.

Well today I received a Field & Stream flyer in my Sunday paper and on the cover was an item I wanted at an excellent price!! Sale listed as 6/21-6/27. I arrived at the store at 1030 this am and headed back towards the firearm counter, should have know the outcome when I passed a few associates laughing and saying "I guess we will be putting up with this all week". Got to the counter and told them what I wanted, "all sold out, but we do have a similar model" was the associates answer.(bait and switch) I asked and he claimed they had sold over 100, then precedes to tell me they were selling at that price since last week even though the flyer states sale starts 6/22!!

The flyer did its part and got me into the store, but I walked out empty handed and will not be back!! Nice store with a large selection but it seems they have taken up the same type of advertising as their parent company Dicks....

Paul H
Imperial, PA

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Our version of your "Dick's" is Wholesale Sports...where I found a salesperson behind the gun counter who, when asked a couple years ago if they had any AA light 8's (as there were none on the sales floor in April), didn't know what I was talking about. I said, very slowly--- WINCHESTER AA 12 GAUGE TRAP [email protected][email protected]# moron....

Ron Burr

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
When Dicks arbitrarily pulled all guns off the racks after the Sandy Hook shooting, I decided then and there that I'd never go into another Dicks....doesn't matter what is on sale or free for the asking.

Dicks......... their name says it all.

·
Registered
474 Posts
The store here I have an issue with has mismarked sale and clearance stuff and refused to honor the price. Last time the Manager wouldn't even come out from hiding. I won't be back.

·
Krieghoff K80
2,493 Posts
Went to Dick's a few days ago for their "on sale" Gun Clubs at $5.45 per box. They were sold out, but salesman said they were substituting Top Guns & Rios for the same price. Plenty on shelf. Walked out with all I needed at $4.45 per box, thanks to a couple of $10 off coupons cashiers accepted with no problem. "Dicks" at Dick's or not..........hard to find ammo cheaper anywhere, at least in this neck of the woods. Just my experience............................

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
One reason why I reload is that I always have plenty of shells on hand. These are shells loaded in Federal Gold Medal or Plastic hulls with brass heads, full 1 1/8 oz of magnum shot and the 1125 fps velocity that I prefer. I have enough powder and shot for about two years of shooting and 20 - 30 flats of new shells. Screw Dick's.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had made the visit to purchase a S&W MP 15-22 which was displayed on the front cover of their flyer for $249.95, reg $449.99 without using Sportsmans Advantage Card...needless to say I no longer have a card nor will I return to the store. Pretty hard to believe all were gone within 30 min of opening, unless of course qty=1 !!! What a clip joint !!!

·
Registered
14,131 Posts
Did you ask for a rain check? You probably would have gotten one unless there was a disclaimer in the ad stating no rain checks or while supplies last.

At a price just above 50% of retail, it is very likely they only had one in the store, or a VERY limited quantity that sold out very quickly. It's called a "loss leader" and IS meant to get you in the store.

On stuff like that, you need to get to the store early, well before they open, and wait for them to open. Chances are you won't be the only one in line, just hope to be the first.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There was the standard "No rain checks" & "limited quantities", but when I questioned the associate, I was told "we sold over 100 this week at that price"....funny that the sale started today.....he then suggested I drive North to their other store...they may have it in stock...RIGHT!!! I was at the counter 30 min after the store opened with no line...Typical scam!!!!

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
I shopped there for the very first time a few days ago. They had Gun Clubs for 5.48 a box and I used a 10.00 off coupon I found on my phone search for 50.00 purchase. I ended up getting them for 4.48 a box and I bought 5 flats at that price. I had to do separate transactions to use the 10.00 coupon per flat. I will be back at that sale price and hope to get shells in the future.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
You'll probably get dicked if you go back. Bait and switch seems to be their best sale policy.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Last week at Dicks, Gun Clubs were advertised as 5.48 but when I went to check out they ran up as 4.98 a box. Used a $10.00 coupon and got them for 3.98 a box. I did have to buy a pack of gum along with the 10 boxes to make it over $50.00 to start with. They had plenty of Gun Clubs. They were out of 1 1/8 oz 8's though since I had bought 5 flats 2 weeks earlier when they were 5.68 (rang up as 5.18).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts