Trapshooters Forum banner

Fellow shooter with dementia

1487 Views 14 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  ljutic73
Today he shot a 18 and we have just about exhausted the blizzard ice cream flavors. Every shooter at the club has been supportive and not one have refused to shoot on line with him. It's been a total success.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
293 Posts
Today he shot a 18 and we have just about exhausted the blizzard ice cream flavors. Every shooter at the club has been supportive and not one have refused to shoot on line with him. It's been a total success.
That is great. You are doing a really stand up thing for your friend!! Dairy Queen just came out with some new flavors here. :)

· Registered
2,071 Posts
The Blizzard flavor of the month is toll house chocolate chip cookie.

· Registered
6,257 Posts
It is wonderful what you are doing for him. This was my date last night waiting in the DQ line. Wife has me on a diet and she thought the dog and I went for a walk. View attachment 1758965
Mine sends me to DQ for her, and says get what you want on my card! Good thing I'm not on a diet, I'd never be able to stick to one with her around!

NorthRon, you and your fellow club members are great friends. I hope my friends are so kind should I need that sort of help.

· Premium Member
8,021 Posts
My mom is in an Alzheimer's facilities it will be a year and a half soon. My dad died from completecation of Dementia. A little over 34 years ago. Great friends her gave me the courage to finally putting my mom in a home. After all her falls and back and forth trips to the hospital I had to make the decision. I visited her everyday until the covis started. It was over a year before I could see her. I have felt guilty all this time. But I can't give the level of care she needs. Recently I was allowed in but the visit was only in her room. When covis first started she caught it and spent weeks in the hospital. Still not allowed to visit.
Cherish ever minute of time you have with him.
My mother doesn't recognize me any more but she knows my dog. When she loves on him and tells me stories about the guy that gave him to her I smile and love every minute.
She is actually my step mother as my mom died in the 70's
She has always been there to me. I love her like my mom.
Steve
Sleeve Gesture Smile Tints and shades Window
Glasses Smile Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Gun dog

· Registered
1,716 Posts
North, my greatest satisfaction in life is helping those who have mentored me in the past. You're contributing more than you'll likely ever know, but it feels so good when your day ends and a new one begins. Happy sprinkles and God bless!

· Premium Member
9,223 Posts
God Bless you all, this is a damn tough thing to go through, as it robs our loved ones their dignity, minds, and memories, and in my opinion far worse than a simple orthopedic disability, as they lose what made them who they are.

Christ is truly with each and every one of you forever, and knows what hearts of gold each of you possess. you can be filled with the joy knowing that HE is now smiling down on you all as you walk the walk of a true Christian and a Child of God!
Aloha No Ka Kou
Randall

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.