Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

· Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and fellow shooter at our private club is now shooting trap versus skeet , which he was a great shot. I stand behind him to let him know it's his tern to shoot , and on a good day he does pretty good. On Sunday's after shooting I take him for a ice cream and one of our goals is to try every blizzard flavor they have at the local Dairy Queen. When I pick him up every Saturday and Sunday, he is so excited, and you should see the smile on his face. His wife has all his guns locked up and he can no longer drive and for safety he uses my gun with supervision. I'm thinking of purchasing a BT 99 for him to use in hopes it may improve his score and it would be easier than my 870 for him. In all honesty I don't think he has any idea of what his scores are but his lovely wife always asks how he did and thanks me for giving her a little break. It's amazing to see a man with this disease enjoy the shooting environment as much as he does.

· Sponsors a Reloaders for Youth Program
13,003 Posts
A friend and fellow shooter at our private club is now shooting trap versus skeet , which he was a great shot. I stand behind him to let him know it's his tern to shoot , and on a good day he does pretty good. On Sunday's after shooting I take him for a ice cream and one of our goals is to try every blizzard flavor they have at the local Dairy Queen. When I pick him up every Saturday and Sunday, he is so excited, and you should see the smile on his face. His wife has all his guns locked up and he can no longer drive and for safety he uses my gun with supervision. I'm thinking of purchasing a BT 99 for him to use in hopes it may improve his score and it would be easier than my 870 for him. In all honesty I don't think he has any idea of what his scores are but his lovely wife always asks how he did and thanks me for giving her a little break. It's amazing to see a man with this disease enjoy the shooting environment as much as he does.
This is a great way to help others. Thanks for the model and reminder.

We helped a friend of my wife move to a new apartment on Father's Day as we had the time because my daughter wasn't available until 6PM. It took 2 hours total and she was so happy for the help as her elderly parents are frail and memory challenged. She took us out for dinner the next night. If you can't help people, you're poor.

· Registered
718 Posts
North Ron, my father is 74, has Parkinson’s disease, and is starting to show early signs of dimentia. He no longer has the strength to hold a long gun, and couldn’t stand long enough to shoot a complete round of trap. I do what I can to get him out to shoot rifles off the bench and handguns when he’s able. My dad doesn’t talk a lot anymore, due to Parkinson’s destroying his speech, but you can see the enjoyment he gets from shooting.

My hat is off to you for taking the time to help your friend maintain the best quality of life that he can.

· Registered
580 Posts
We had a member with dementia who is sadly gone now. His gun was sold at the club by his wife in front of him…he wouldn’t let go of the case….saddest thing I ever saw…
Can't decide which one is the worst-buyer or the wife.As much as I would appreciate having something from one of my old shooting partners I wouldn't want it that badly.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.