Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
I think most of the reloading suppliers sell them and there usually is a sliding scale between price and shipping and it usually works about about the same. But why spend extra on Federal brand when the aftermarket people make perfectly good substitutes.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I agree with Nebs until you get to the Federal 12S4 wad.. I haven't found a clone to that wad yet. I shoot lots of Claybuster 12s0 and 12s3 cloned wads and can't tell the difference between these and new Federal wads.

John

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
The 12S4 is a 1 1/4 oz. wad. You may not find a true clone of that wad. But the Euro style wads sold by BPI likely have a wad you can use. They should work well in a Fed hull as they are made for straight walled hulls.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Federal 12S3 wad (250/bag)-Ballistic Products
I just spent a decent amount of time last week searching for Federal 12S3 wads. I found ballistic products had the best deal. The price for a bag of 250 was $6.99 but if you have the storage room or need a large qty, the price for 5000 is on $2.70/bag. Those prices are the same across the board with their federal wads. Quick shipping too. I purchases the 5000. $54 + $25 shipping to PA. Maybe the shipping would outweigh the good unit price but I'm happy.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Besides "out of stock"... what am I missing? It has the price for 5K at $5.70 each. Guess I missed out in two ways?
Mike B

Item Number: 03012S3
Review Average:

Number of Reviews: 1

View Reviews | Review this item

Unit Price: $6.99

Special Pricing
Buy 20 for $5.70 each

Out of Stock

·
Registered
104 Posts
Besides "out of stock"... what am I missing? It has the price for 5K at $5.70 each. Guess I missed out in two ways?
Mike B

Item Number: 03012S3
Review Average:

Number of Reviews: 1

View Reviews | Review this item

Unit Price: $6.99

Special Pricing
Buy 20 for $5.70 each

Out of Stock
Maybe I bought the last 5000. But I checked the site the other day when I wrote this post and they still had them. Idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just spent a decent amount of time last week searching for Federal 12S3 wads. I found ballistic products had the best deal. The price for a bag of 250 was $6.99 but if you have the storage room or need a large qty, the price for 5000 is on $2.70/bag. Those prices are the same across the board with their federal wads. Quick shipping too. I purchases the 5000. $54 + $25 shipping to PA. Maybe the shipping would outweigh the good unit price but I'm happy.
When hankd posted the other day I look and they were still in stock and were $2.70 a bag if you bought 5000.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
handk, thanks for the heads up. Just bought 3 cases. Can't beat $2.70 a bag.

Maybe I bought the last 5000. But I checked the site the other day when I wrote this post and they still had them. Idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ordered them the day you posted. Guess I bought them out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts