Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dick's (I know, everyone hates them) has Federal targets on sale for $5.48. My local store actually had full flats available. I have never had any trouble with these shells.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Dick's (I know, everyone hates them) has Federal targets on sale for $5.48. My local store actually had full flats available. I have never had any trouble with these shells.

Is a coupon required? Any limits? Shot sizes? FPS?

·
Registered
117 Posts
+1..I've never had any issues with Federal..I have,however, had issues with Winchester shells. In fact a few weeks ago I picked up 4 boxes of 1 oz 8 shot and had 1 bad shell in 3 of the boxes..

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No coupon, one flat per visit. # 7-1/2 and # 8 were in stock for sure, I didn't look for any other sizes. 3 dram 1-1/8 oz.

Buy a flat, go get some ice cream, buy another flat.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
I don't know why people hate them. They have so many stores and they provide target loads to shooters at the lowest prices available anywhere.
Shooters should thank them for what they have between doing for us, but I guess we just like to criticize. If they stopped having these sales on ammo a lot of shooters would be SOOL. (figure that one out.)

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Last week Dicks had RIO on sale for $52.40 per case before tax. 1210 fps. 1 1/8 or 1 oz. Ended on the 17th.

No restrictions and picked up five cases . Got home and the wife wanted to know why I didn't buy more.

Anyway, I signed up for Dick's monthly flyer to keep and eye on sales.

* My local Dicks does not sell by the case and has limited qualities on hand at any one time. I was shooting at another club 1hr 20 min away and visited the store that was ten minutes from the club and found the sale and ample supplies.

The $10 off coupon I received is not good for purchases of ammunition.

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know why people hate them. They have so many stores and they provide target loads to shooters at the lowest prices available anywhere.
Shooters should thank them for what they have between doing for us, but I guess we just like to criticize. If they stopped having these sales on ammo a lot of shooters would be SOOL. (figure that one out.)
One of the reasons some people have voiced dislike for Dicks is that after Sandy Hook, they got political and pulled all the semi auto .223 rifles from the shelf and refused to sell any. In at least one publicised instance, they refused to transfer a rifle to a man who had already pre paid for it to be ordered for him before Sandy Hook. Several years ago, I bought entry level .22 rifles for the grandsons at Dicks, and buy ammo there when it is on sale. Not my favorite place, but when you are buying department store grade .22 rifles, they have them. If one of the boys gets to a place to compete in small bore, I will probably be looking for a lot higher grade rifle from an established gun store.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
One of the reasons some people have voiced dislike for Dicks is that after Sandy Hook, they got political and pulled all the semi auto .223 rifles from the shelf and refused to sell any. In at least one publicised instance, they refused to transfer a rifle to a man who had already pre paid for it to be ordered for him before Sandy Hook.
Then those people should boycott the store, and not compromise their so-called integrity to save a few dollars.

·
Banned
197 Posts
This must be an extension of the sale they had on the 4th because I've been to 3 Dick's Sporting stores and the shelves have been bare with the exception of a few pink boxes.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Local WalMart has Federal Targets for $4.97 a box.
The local WalMart has Federal Targets for $4.97 also plus the folks at Dicks are dicks. Two good reasons to not spend a dime in Dicks.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Walmart target shells are generally 3 dram 1 1/8oz. Dick's has a better selection of 1180fps one ounce and 1145fps 1 1/8 ounce shells which I prefer. The sales people aren't always as knowledgeable as experienced shooters, but they don't need to be, and they're usually helpful-at least to me. Of course, if you act like a jerk, they might treat you differently.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts