Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Thanks for the info but at that price they can keep them.
All you guys act like the ammo companies are trying to rape us. Look around. Ain’t nothing getting cheaper. Food, fuel, heck even latex gloves I use at work have tripled in price. Companies are just doing what they gotta do right now with the current climate. Passing on their cost to the consumer. Thank Joe.

·
Registered
33,881 Posts
All you guys act like the ammo companies are trying to rape us. Look around. Ain’t nothing getting cheaper. Food, fuel, heck even latex gloves I use at work have tripled in price. Companies are just doing what they gotta do right now with the current climate. Passing on their cost to the consumer. Thank Joe.

We should also thank Joe’s voters and supporters. This is the new normal, like or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the link. I know we are all looking forward to prices coming back down for all the shooting sports. It’s encouraging to see 9mm and 223 in stock at almost every large gun store around here even though the prices are ridiculous.

·
Registered
398 Posts
If you order $149+ from Federal it’s free shipping.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If that’s true is Walmart losing money selling them at their everyday low price when they have them available? Or did midway lose money when I used the birthday pricing promo to buy cases of super targets and top guns for ~70$. I’m certain nobody is selling anything without a profit.
I don’t think the input costs have gone up as much as everyone wants you to believe

·
Registered
33,881 Posts
If that’s true is Walmart losing money selling them at their everyday low price when they have them available? Or did midway lose money when I used the birthday pricing promo to buy cases of super targets and top guns for ~70$. I’m certain nobody is selling anything without a profit.
I don’t think the input costs have gone up as much as everyone wants you to believe
High demand and shortages drive up prices. There are shortages everywhere in goods and services. If demand exceeds supply, prices go up. We are part of the problem as consumers because of panic buying, hoarding, scalping and profiteering. We added to the shortage problem.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Well I cannot speak for Walmart or midway. They are much bigger than me but I can speak, as a small business owner, that my personal business costs have gone up considerably!

·
Registered
33,881 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I have ordered from them about 10 times so far. Free shipping is nice. Ammo takes about 10 days to get delivered. Never had any issues.

·
Registered
519 Posts
its the Biden administration….they are to the economy what a cup of sand would be to a gear box. They are either completely incompetent or this is by their design. The smell of Trumps cologne is not even out of the Oval Office and Biden is crushing domestic oil production like a wine grape.
Yeah and gas prices, which directly or indirectly affects the cost of every good and product that the economy has to offer, have gone up…..Duh! Welcome to Bidenomics!
We are in such a tough spot right now as the media run cover for this guy. He has either purposefully or unwittingly screwed up everything he has tried to do so far. He answers to no one and no one holds him accountable.

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
Does federal charge sales tax or just shipping if out of state?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,742 Posts
Well I just payed $7.47 a box for Win. Super Targets today at my local Walmart. Of course they have a limit of 3 boxes. That's 8 bucks a box with tax for me. You are not going to get shells any cheaper than this for the rest of our lives. So get used to it. It is, what it is. I figured Walmart to hold at about 7 bucks a box!!! Maybe a quarter less. I was wrong!!!! Its now $7.47 a box. We now have to Pay up or find another hobby!!! sigh. IMO---None of this happened by accident!!! It has been well planned and carried out. Just like the Bird Flu, Swine Flu and Covid-19 all coming out in Election Years. No accident here as well. Just a event that was carried out 3 times before they perfected it, and got it right. sigh. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
70 Posts
I wonder how long if ever until prices come back down
I have bought a lot of ammo lately at the almost pre ammo shortage prices, its been random at wallyworld but 26 dollars for 100 federals, I will take all they will sell me. I get that Federal will not undersell its retailers but how about getting the ammo to them! I tried sportsmans warehouse last night and no trap ammo at all.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Remember there were two price increases with a federal this year 1/1 and 7/1 it equates to 38% if I remember right.

I fully expect the economy ammo to be $10/box as a new normal in the next year

21 - 40 of 48 Posts