Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Federal will ship ammunition, Target type too. Top Gun $10.99/box. Free shipping for orders over $149. I heard limit two (2) flats per month.

www.federal premium.com

Check it out and lets us know.!

Cheers, Dusty

·
Registered
33,924 Posts
There has been a couple of threads here this year about direct purchase from Federal with the same disappointment regarding pricing. Federal is not going to under sell their retail outlets.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Buying ammo (if you can find it) is a personal choice. I need four flats to shoot our summer and winter leagues. I was playing $70 a flat, so now I need to kick in an extra $160 for a year of shooting. I love my wife, but getting out of the house to shoot is worth the $160. “Buy it now”
John

·
Registered
106 Posts
There has been a couple of threads here this year about direct purchase from Federal with the same disappointment regarding pricing. Federal is not going to under sell their retail outlets.
That is correct. They are not going to underprice their distributors. No one forces you to buy it at their high price...

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Buying ammo (if you can find it) is a personal choice. I need four flats to shoot our summer and winter leagues. I was playing $70 a flat, so now I need to kick in an extra $160 for a year of shooting. I love my wife, but getting out of the house to shoot is worth the $160. “Buy it now”
John
Very valid point and good way to look at it. I think the kicker comes if you’re looking at 30 or 40 flats.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Looks like Federal will ship ammunition, Target type too. Top Gun $10.99/box. Free shipping for orders over $149. I heard limit two (2) flats per month.

www.federal premium.com

Check it out and lets us know.!

Cheers, Dusty
I went to Academy today and they had Top Gun 12 and 20ga at $9.99 per box. Limit 10 boxes per day.

·
Registered
9,098 Posts
Good point.

Everywhere you look the sales price direct from the manufacture is always higher than retail shops. This is just about every industry.

You can buy a truck direct from Chevy, but it will cost you $22k more than the dealer. Not too many want that type of deal and manufacturers are in the manufacturing business, not the retail business.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All that is true. I have friends looking for two boxes every week just to shoot the last of our league. They are scared for next year. I am flush with ammo and hopefully I can wait it out until the market improves. They are signing up looking for two flats per month for October to March … 3,000 rounds is indispensable to them for next year. Tough spot to experience!

Cheers, Dusty

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Unrelated to shot shells but I was in Scheels store this afternoon getting a vibrating brass cleaner. They had a crap load of .223 and several hundred boxes (50 each) of Federal 9mm range ammo. The 9's were $21.99/box - about twice what it was pre-pandemic and before president potato head.

Shot shell quantities were VERY limited. All I saw for 12 ga. target stuff was (maybe) a dozen boxes of Top Guns at $10.99/box. Pfft!

They also had a couple of dozen one pound bottles of two types of vihtavuori powder suitable for handgun and smaller rifle calibers. It was $47+ per pound but VihtaVuori is always pricey.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts