Trapshooters Forum banner

Federal Shell Program

17576 Views 128 Replies 33 Participants Last post by  mschulte06
Received an email from USA Clay Target regarding an ammunition program for youth shooting. Appears to be a program from Federal, and orders are going to Vista Outdoors. We place our team order the day after the email was sent out, about 2 weeks ago. We received an email confirming that they did get the order, but have not been contacted at all regarding payment or shipping. Im sure others here took advantage of this pricing and placed orders as well. Has anyone gotten their shells, or at least a ship date?
41 - 60 of 129 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Our HS team got, I think it was a pallet, of Remington gun clubs through the Federal/USACTL several weeks ago. Not sure when the head coach filed the application, but very grateful to Federal for their support and pricing.
That's something I forgot to mention. We ordered Federal Top Guns but also received Remington Gun Clubs.

· Registered
142 Posts
The wait was rough this year. I put our team order in January 25 and checked with Vista Customer service a couple of times over the last few months. Their reps are terrific and assured me that they were working hard to get all the orders out. The target was to have all the shells out by the end of March. They requested payment 2 weeks ago and the shells arrived on Monday. Just in time. Several kids were down to a few boxes of ammo. Can’t thank Vista enough for steppping up and keeping the kids shooting.

· Registered
2,107 Posts
I emailed Vista to try and get some info on their program as I know it’s too late to get anything this year, but I still haven’t heard anything. At this point I don’t think it’s too early to start on next years plan.
I am hoping they may offer a similar program this fall. We have enough shells to get through the remainder of our spring season but they will be depleted come fall.

· Registered
88 Posts
Is this program something they do every year? Not new to the sport but new to coaching as this is my son's first year. We ordered 2 pallets of challenger's at the beginning of the year and still have yet to see anything. If it wasn't for last year's season getting canceled and the ammo we had for that we wouldn't have been able to compete this year. Our youth club got the federal info after it was to late and I just want to be on top of it for next year. Thanks

· Registered
450 Posts
The Federal program was new for this year. Winchester is a sponsor of SCTP and usually has a shell purchase program for the teams. You might want to check into that one also.
The Federal program was going on for at least 3 years, are team got shells from them the last 3 years.
They announce the ammo program every year mid December and the cutoff day is end of January.

41 - 60 of 129 Posts