Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 40 of 129 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Our first order was placed in January from Federal Vista Outdoors. Second order was placed in February through Winchester. The USA clay target league also ran a shell program through Vista.
oh no...now I am nervous again. We ordered Jan 19th and received the confirm email, but nothing since.

Does Winchester have a youth program? Any other youth programs info would be great as well.
Could you email me any info to <Do Not Post Personal Contact Info>

· Registered
172 Posts
oh no...now I am nervous again. We ordered Jan 19th and received the confirm email, but nothing since.

Does Winchester have a youth program? Any other youth programs info would be great as well.
Could you email me any info to <Do Not Post Personal Contact Info>
Vista did not communicate too much but we placed our order around that same time. You might want to send them an e-mail.
The Winchester program was through the SCTP. We have kids who compete in both the USA Clay Target League and the SCTP.

· Registered
45 Posts
Hope everyone is well! Another dumb newbie question, but is the federal youth shot shell program through Vistaoutdoors 1 once a year thing or does it open for more club order more than 1 time a year? IF so when and is there a list to get on to receive notifications when it does open?

Also found out our club does have an order number and Vista said we are in the que but they ran out of ammo, so maybe at some point we will get some shells for the club? LOL

Stay Safe.

· Registered
62 Posts
I called to check on our order. They were out of stock on the item we had marked on their order form. They said if we switched to a 50 round box the order would be allocated and ship buy the end of the month. Ok by me, just send them out. Our first practice is on the 28th, hopefully they are here next week.

· Registered
119 Posts
I called to check on our order. They were out of stock on the item we had marked on their order form. They said if we switched to a 50 round box the order would be allocated and ship buy the end of the month. Ok by me, just send them out. Our first practice is on the 28th, hopefully they are here next week.
When did you place your original order?

· Registered
62 Posts
When did you place your original order?
Mid February. I firmly believe we got them because we called multiple times, left messages, and kept calling until we got through. Then they informed us About being out of the item on their order form but we could we change the shells to the different package that they had inventory of. We changed then they said the order would ship. I think it was “the squeaky wheel gets the grease” type situation. We were polite, professional, persistent, and thankfull.

· Registered
62 Posts
Our shells came Friday afternoon!! Apparently there was a bit a miscommunication/misunderstanding/misinterpretation. We did receive 25 round boxes, 4 of them in a pack 2 packs per box to make 200 rounds in each flat, not the 250 round regular size flat.
We are so relieved we have them. Thanks Vista/Federal for pulling through for the kids!!

· Registered
172 Posts
As others have said, contact them about the order if you haven't heard from them. Once payment is made it ships pretty fast.
If any of you have a local Cabela's I highly recommend that you contact them about financial assistance. Ours has been amazing. The extra money they receive from customers rounding up at the register go into a fund to help out local organizations and they love to help youth shooting sports.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
We placed our order in early January and received then in late February. Was not hearing anything for some time but after a few emails and phone calls we were suddenly on the ship list. A huge thank you to federal for this program because without it we would not be having a season. Several schools in our area who did not take advantage of this, or didn't have the cash on hand to do it, have been forced to cancel their season.

21 - 40 of 129 Posts