Trapshooters Forum banner

Federal Shell Program

17579 Views 128 Replies 33 Participants Last post by  mschulte06
Received an email from USA Clay Target regarding an ammunition program for youth shooting. Appears to be a program from Federal, and orders are going to Vista Outdoors. We place our team order the day after the email was sent out, about 2 weeks ago. We received an email confirming that they did get the order, but have not been contacted at all regarding payment or shipping. Im sure others here took advantage of this pricing and placed orders as well. Has anyone gotten their shells, or at least a ship date?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
457 Posts
I received an email a couple days after I sent in the order saying it was confirmed...
Haven't heard a thing since until this morning truck driver called and said he had 2 pallets to deliver us. I ordered 10 cases of 1 oz for the Pee Wee's and the rest once and eighth. But the later came in 3 dram 1200 pfs loads, the kids shooting automatics and the big boys can shoot them, all were top guns. We have some left over 1145 top guns for the others. Very happy to have shells for the team to shoot, a big thank you to Vista and Jon Zinnel!!!

· Registered
457 Posts
Great job Vista Outdoors and Federal for screwing over the schools for fall trap. Instead of just selling us shells, you have to force us to buy other crap we don't need or want, oil, wipes etc. as part of the package to raise the costs even higher... keep doing what you're doing and you will be the death of this short for high schools. Nothing like a High school clay target sponsor trying to screw every dime they can out of the kids. This will be remembered and your business will suffer when people had enough of your profit-grabbing bs.
Nobody forced you to order from Vista, it clearly said what you would get in each package. We too didn't need the cleaning kits and oil but it was that or don't shoot, we gladly purchased the extras. Next season do not participate in the program and get your ammo from a cheaper source. Several teams didn't get ammo last year and would be happy to take your place in line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts