Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reloading with Federal 209A primers since they came out. They have always had a bright red flash hole covering. I just opened a new case of these primers and they have a very pale pink flash hole covering. Is this normal? Have any of you noticed the change in color?

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, thanks Skeetlee! That's all I need is to have that thought rolling around my head, I guess I had better throw them out.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
I will be happy to dispose of them for you jmac, anything for the good of the order..... Larry

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been reloading with Federal 209A primers since they came out. They have always had a bright red flash hole covering. I just opened a new case of these primers and they have a very pale pink flash hole covering. Is this normal? Have any of you noticed the change in color?

Thanks,

John
Switching from red to pink will make your babies be born naked .. I switched and mine were !!!

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
As long as it is a true pink. If it's more of a pastel (like rouge) the these are made for "Skeeter's" and I wouldn't use them in trap loads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts