Trapshooters Forum banner

Federal Prairie Storm

2135 Views 17 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  BILL H.
Anyone seeing any Federal Prairie Storm shotshells on the shelf anywhere or online? Specifically looking for 20 & 28ga, #5 & #6 shot.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2,071 Posts
No, and I have been looking for both upland and duck loads for the last 3 months. Sportsmans warehouse has blindside (i know not the same) they also had Remington 20ga lead #5 I bought my limit of those which locally is 5 boxes

· Registered
12,310 Posts

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Prairie storm not showing on their website either. They do show Upland in two versions (lead and steel).

Hope you find them.
I noticed that last night, too. I sent their customer service an inquiry but have yet to hear back. They were showing on the day I posted this thread. Strange...

· Premium Member
3,672 Posts
Prairie Storm put 2 Remington 1100s out of commission last year...breaking internal parts. My son will use them in a Benelli. Might be okay in 1100 Magnum, not standard 1100.
Well, it happened again this year in South Dakota ... this time with a classic Remington 1100 Magnum with a limited factory full choked 3" chambered barrel 26 " length. The 2 3/4 Prairie Storm 1500 fps tore up the interceptor spring & jammed the piston rings in the piston chamber. My son got a "deal" on a flat of these thumpers.
Sad. Anyone else have these problems?

· Registered
2,361 Posts
The 3” 20 ga are 1300 fps
I believe the 12 ga are faster. I wonder if the extra speed is the problem on the older guns.
I own a pile of 1100’s but I try to stay in that 1300 fps or less for hunting ammo
I made my shot of a life time with my 20 ga 1100 and 3” Praire storms. A Rooster on a walk up hunt, dead with One shot flying cross ways at a distance most wouldn’t believe but 3 people witnessed. They told me to stay there and they counted 101 steps.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts