·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FYI - 7/30/15.... Walmart.
Same load as the brown & black boxes. No limit & said they could
get as many as I wanted.

Good load, great price!

Not sure how long the promo is going + sales tax if applicable.

·
Registered
32,249 Posts
Do they have lead in them? Gunpowder?

Is this a low brass shell? Like it shows on the box?

Reason I ask, our nervous nannies at the club are getting all exercised finding high brass field load empties in the trash. It appears from the primer, whoever is shooting them is reloading them. Can someone post a pic, side and bottom?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Low steel base, brown ribbed plastic case.

Same exact load as their "Multi-Purpose Field & Target" that generally sells in 4 packs @ Walmart.

·
Registered
722 Posts
why do guys get so worked up about the height of the brass? We were shooting RIO Elites at the last shoot and some dudes train just left his tracks, you can't be shooting high brass duck loads (his words not mine) here. I had to show him the box top and he still didn't believe us.

·
Registered
32,249 Posts
Nsxer,

thanks.

boron von,

We have some people who don't get out much and worry about liability issues, like all the time. Twenty four hours of constant fear mode.

·
Registered
22,773 Posts
Nsxer,

thanks.

boron von,

We have some people who don't get out much and worry about liability issues, like all the time. Twenty four hours of constant fear mode.

Yeahwell. We had a feller shooting 3 1/4 1 1/4 'Texas game load' RIO's for League last night. They were listed at 1250 fps loads so ... Bellered like a bucket calf and bucked like a Bay Steer when he shot them. His sister works at one of the big box stores and there was a pallet dumped and several flats were badly damaged so she bought them for 2 bux a box. They were high steel base too. He shoots ATA and as listed on the box they would not have been legal even in an ATA shoot but sheeeeesh, such a cloud of smoke they made.

·
Thorn in your side
8,117 Posts
Yeahwell. We had a feller shooting 3 1/4 1 1/4 'Texas game load' RIO's for League last night. They were listed at 1250 fps loads so ... Bellered like a bucket calf and bucked like a Bay Steer when he shot them. His sister works at one of the big box stores and there was a pallet dumped and several flats were badly damaged so she bought them for 2 bux a box. They were high steel base too. He shoots ATA and as listed on the box they would not have been legal even in an ATA shoot but sheeeeesh, such a cloud of smoke they made.
I bet his cheek feels real nice this morning.

·
Banned
1,379 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I picked up a flat and I'm on my way to the range here in a few to see how they shoot. If they shoot good I guess I'll pick up a few more flats.

·
Registered
32,249 Posts
So I tripped down to the White Trash WalMart Boutique store this morning picked up two boxes at the $4.94 price. Opened up a box, then opened up a shell and they look identical inside and out to the shell in the four-packs that WalMart sells. If same shell, will work just fine on 16's and short handicap, but two bucks and some change cheaper than the 4 box value pack. They had an end shelf unit full of 10 box cases, right next to the AA's they sell for 78.70 a case.

·
Registered
22,773 Posts
thanks Rick

what I really want to know is how did the guy do with the Texas Game Loads? :eek2:

He croaked 22/25 from the 27. Not bad but he was bracing for recoil when he dropped the first target out, then he got to post 5 and had a couple of hard rights that he stopped the gun and shot behind.

He sure had a lot of lead flying though ... HeH.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Thanks! Saw the post and had to drive right by Walmart this afternoon. Stopped and got 30 boxes. Warning, they come in individual boxes, not flats, but the guy who waited on me found some sturdy boxes so I didn't have to load the cart, unload the cart, load the truck, unload the truck...a couple of boxes at a time.

·
Registered
547 Posts
So I tripped down to the White Trash WalMart Boutique store this morning picked up two boxes at the $4.94 price. Opened up a box, then opened up a shell and they look identical inside and out to the shell in the four-packs that WalMart sells. If same shell, will work just fine on 16's and short handicap, but two bucks and some change cheaper than the 4 box value pack. They had an end shelf unit full of 10 box cases, right next to the AA's they sell for 78.70 a case.
Just curious, why would they not be good for long yardage?

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
I somewhat like reloading but at that price, I'll buy.

I think I'll wait until after dark and go to Wally. :image035:

·
Banned
818 Posts
I went up and picked up 100 boxes, all in the flats of 8 each and 4 individuals ... Got to be good for something and as always thanks for your support ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
32,249 Posts
Rookieshooter,

They don't always put hard lead in cheap shells, however pure lead can impart more energy to the target than "hard lead" which is lighter in weight for a given volume, but hard shot is supposed to pattern tighter. Lead pellets not perfectly round can cause pattern problems. A person who shoots their target quickly might not notice the difference in pattern width.

The only thing to do is make the decision for yourself what works best.

·
Registered
32,249 Posts
They are in flats in the store I was in, I suspect you will find what you find depending on the method of the manager who oversees stocking the. Selves, or by practice stocking shells in general.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts