Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised here is my thread for the number of reloads you can get out of a new Fed. Paper.

Conditions: 19gr. Red dot, 1 1/8 #7.5 (3 dram eqv), Fiocchi primer, DR windjammer replacement.

Mec 9000H reloader with univ. Charge bar.

Ljutic Mid Rib, .740 bore. 705 choke. Release trigger.

Chronograph calibrated using 2 brand new 3dram AA's (1201FPS,1199FPS) and 2 brand new 3dram STS's (1205FPS,1210FPS)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Beretta young gun,

Nice testing data. Assuming FPS & PSI remained the same (or close)? Paints a clear picture for me...the cost for once fired papers, I'll purchase plastic.

Again, nice job.
Kurt

·
Registered
21,599 Posts
Nice data. Shows how performance can be diminished as the crimp/hull weakens.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
I heard that Federal is working on a non-toxic spray to put on plastic hulls of any brand. This spray makes the fired plastic hull emit a scent just like a fired federal paper.

Honest, this is true. I also heard that Pelosi has stock in the chemical company supplying the product.

No, this is fer reals...(yeah, right!)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Shooting papers has never been about economy.

I disagree with grntitian...loss of velocity was due to inability of the hull to obturate and adequately afford a proper gas seal.

The crimp did its job.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I thought that was an excellent pictorial. Can you put one together for reloading a once fired broken clay? Just a thought! (Obviously from a simple mind)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.