Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The feds thump your shoulder a little to hard,I like the Wins.We shoot the $4.94 Feds dove and small game they do good and no thump.Gene

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Wally world has been selling them both for some time. I used to buy the Fed. 4 packs because they had the same hull as Top Guns. I reloaded them for popper reloads. Now Fed. has gone to the" Euro Trash" hul for the 4 packs ,so I just buy the Estates now (the ones made in the USA). Wally has them fir $5.45 per box.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
i get the same winchester and federals from a walmart in PA for the same price, good price, i shoot them for my handicap rounds when shooting ATA registered targets from the 20 yard line. A few other guys at the club i belong too use them too

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just returned from a wally world run here in Pa bought some fed dove loads 4.94 a box an the win n fed 100 packs still 21.74..

·
Registered
85 Posts
I shot the federals no problem but tried the Winchesters last week and few were really hard to eject out of my pump, I think the shell swelled in the chamber. Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,379 Posts
You guys have your thumbs on the pulse of the ammo market. Not sure where I'd be without this thread.

I hear that .22 can also be found. True? I sure hope so because I'm down to my last 200,000 rounds.
That's a nice retirement portfolio there Tron.

·
Banned
207 Posts
save $1.74 and tax and buy some cheap shells at academy online when on sale. no shipping and no tax. Academy had estates for $4.48 a week ago.

·
Registered
853 Posts
That's a nice retirement portfolio there Tron.
At 10 cents a round (current low market price) that is only $20,000.00. If one gets 15 cents a round (current high average price) it is still only $30,000. Where do you retire on that?

That said, we should have all stockpiled ammo years ago as part of our investments. I have under 5 cents a round in my Lake City .45 ACP ammo and under 2 cents a round in my .22 LR ammo (various brands - mostly 100 packs and some bricks of 50 packs in the more exotic .22 LR and .22 WRM) I bought surplus .308 and 30.06 so long ago I can't actually remember what I paid but I think it was around 1 cent a round. If and when I chose to sell any of it, it will keep me in shotgun shells for the rest of my life.

Given what is coming, I think we can all expect ammo to go up even more in 2017 and 2018 than it did in 2014 and 2015.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts