Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a thread on favorite "Clubs". How about favorite "Shoots"? My favorite would have to the "The Grand". Simply nothing else like it ANYWHERE! Second would the "Mo. Fall Handicap" (For it's beautiful back ground and great hospitality), with "The Rebel Yell" ( the biggest little shoot there is) at Dixie Trap and Skeet in southern Alabama coming in at number at 3 . Bill , Becky, and their crew do a great job!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
We had a thread on favorite "Clubs". How about favorite "Shoots"? My favorite would have to the "The Grand". Simply nothing else like it ANYWHERE! Second would the "Mo. Fall Handicap" (For it's beautiful back ground and great hospitality), with "The Rebel Yell" ( the biggest little shoot there is) at Dixie Trap and Skeet in southern Alabama coming in at number at 3 . Bill , Becky, and their crew do a great job!
I have no experience with "The Rebel Yell" but I certainly will agree with your first two choices!

·
Registered
834 Posts
I like the Ken Tuggle memorial shoot, in Corpus Christi Tx. My all time favorite of the year. Crappy targets, great food and company. We have so much fun. Not a big name shoot, but it's cool!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Well I'm kinda biased on the
Westy Hogan, Keystone Open and PA State shoot since I'm from PA.

Jason in PA

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Any shoot in San Antonio, TX since I found the Tepanyaki Grill and Buffet on I410. They say that the way to a man's heart is through is stomach.

Jason

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
Never been to THE GRAND, but was fortunate to have attended a Spring Grand at the Phoenix Trap and Skeet Club. Also I've always had a great time at the Montana State Shoots I've attended plus out own Alberta Provincials.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Gotta be the Grand. It just has this aura about it. You can feel the excitement in the air.
Standing on the east trap line you can look both ways and see shooters for as far as the eye can see. Over 3 miles of trap going on at the same time. The best of the best from all parts of the Country and many parts of the World.
I admit that I haven't been to many places in this Country shooting trap. That said, there is just no way another shoot could be bigger or better and produce more excitement than our own World Championships the Grand American.

·
Sky Buster
3,962 Posts
Gotta be the Grand. It just has this aura about it. You can feel the excitement in the air.
Standing on the east trap line you can look both ways and see shooters for as far as the eye can see. Over 3 miles of trap going on at the same time. The best of the best from all parts of the Country and many parts of the World.
I admit that I haven't been to many places in this Country shooting trap. That said, there is just no way another shoot could be bigger or better and produce more excitement than our own World Championships the Grand American.
The Iowa State Shoot. It's a mini-Grand . I can't get excited about
Sparta. Been to the Grand at Vandalia to many times. There's no
comparison in terms of excitement or atmosphere. Alas, it's gone
forever.

·
Registered
622 Posts
The Grand, both Vandalia and now Sparta, the Golden West Grand in Reno (not sure they still have it) and the Connecticut state shoot, beautiful well kept gun club..

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Best Targets, Best Food, Best Scenery, Great Place to meet New Friends. Gotta be "HOG HEAVEN" White Pine, Tenn.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sun Valley, Idaho gun club used to have a 3-day shoot in July; last one I attended was in the late 1970's. Great shoot, and some of the big names of the era would show up. Ben and Peggy Hurtig were the wonderful hosts. The Grand at Vandalia was special as well (haven't been to Sparta).

·
Registered
546 Posts
Cardinal Classic, PA State, Ohio State. I did not include the Grand because I have only been there once, and probably won't go back because of the distance. It would be high on the list otherwise.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts