Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
My favorite is the KickEeze trap pad (straight) 1 1/8" thick. Second, and only if I want to change pitch without cutting the stock is the KickEeze Modified trap pad (the thickest one).

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I prefer the Kickeez modified trap pad over all others. It allows me to mount my gun the same way every time. It does a great job of reducing recoil, and fits my shoulder pocket perfectly.... Just my opinion... Dan Thome (Trap2)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I've found the new Pachmayr XLT to be the most comfortable for Trap. Noticeably better in recoil absorption over Kick-Eze.

AndyH

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've had good experience with limbsavers. I was out shooting one day and was able to compare the difference. Shot me nephews new 870 with the R3 (limbsaver) pad and then my older 870 without one. Big difference in shooting comfort. I bought a new pad for my 870 and replaced the pads on my 90T and my XT with limbsavers. I use straight pads, just my personal preference.

Joe

·
Registered
14,542 Posts
concave trapdude gooey pad. Far and away the most recoil absorbing i've found so far. All the other pads used to rub my shoulder raw (not recoil pain, almost a friction burn), not so w/ the gooey pad.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
My personal favorite is a flat TrapDude/Gooey, or Super Gooey pad. Just had one installed at the Spring Grand by Tom Larkin owner of the Stock Shop, excellent pad and excellent installation by Tom. I've used the Gooey pads for many years on my trap guns.

Tom Strunk

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
the thickest kick-eez modified trap pad is my favorite.

Along with a HART adjustable pull hardware allows me to get the largest most comfortable contact area on my shoulder

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
Gooey Pads used to be my favorite. Now, KickEeze are my favorite. Gooey Pads might become my favorite again. Both are good products. I do change pads every year or so and I have never removed one from the box that was not already perfectly fitted to my stock.

Pat Ireland

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
I have a couple Gooey's with 30,000 rounds of use, and all I see is just a little wear at the heal and toe. I switched to a curved Gooey, but I think either of my original 1" or 1 1/4" Gooey's would be good for another 30,000 rounds. They are soft and reliable, with emphasis on soft.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hi

Agree with few others above. The concave gooey gives me a consistent mount with very good recoil absorbtion. I use 7/8" in winter and 1" in summer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I like the Pachmayr T660. It is super soft. I put one on my XT, now after a friend of mine compared it to his Terminator pad, I have to put one on his BT. Great pad.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
My favorite one is the Seehase Pad's wished I had bought more of them back then takes the kick out of the old pump guns also you can add insert's to shoot high powered rifles.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/products/?action=view&current=pads002.jpg" target="_blank">
</a>

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
I like the Kick-Eez so much I bought out their entire supply of colored pads. Now all I've got are the bright red ones... Wished they still had the bright breen and orange one. Easy to spot my gun in the rack or if someon is hositing it up.

I have a ton to sell.

Whiz

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've recently replaced the old pad on my ASE Gold with a Limsaver. This new pad beats the Kickeez pads on my Trap guns.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.