Trapshooters Forum banner

Favorite Gun Poll Results Analyzed

4706 Views 46 Replies 39 Participants Last post by  ric1911a1
Favorite Gun Poll Results Analyzed

As the favorite gun poll is now closed, I have thoroughly analyzed the voting results. And as usual, you guys got it all wrong again!

Below is a listing of each gun and the votes received.

1. Tri-Star (7) How could anyone vote for this gun. Do you guys even read this forum? Everyone knows this is a Turkish piece of crap and not worthy of any mention.

2. Browning (58) Most all of these guns are factory ported and everyone knows porting is just a gimmick and hurts the value of any gun. Fifty-eight votes goes to show how uneducated these forum members are.

3. Kolar (23) Might be my favorite if it were not named after plumbing fixtures. How can you like this gun when it reminds you of a faucet?
  4. Perazzi (69) How can anyone claim this gun to be their favorite with a straight face. I mean c'mon, the triggers break all the time after only a few rounds. Sheesh!

5. Krieghoff (49) Sure, this is your favorite gun if you like seeing barrels blow up. Everyone knows these guns are dangerous ticking time bombs!

6. Ljutic (22) These guns look like they were made in a World War Two Russian arms plant. Sure they are strong, but that does not overcome the fact that they are butt ugly. Besides, the name is spelled funny.

7. Beretta (36) All of these guns are just Perazzi wannabee's and guys buy them because they are too cheap to buy the real thing.

8. Bowen (1 ) I am surprised this gun even got one vote! After all, they are a staunch supporter of the dark site and that about sums it up!

9. Bi-Star (9) Finally some intelligence shown by nine forum members. There is no finer gun available today than the Lamby Special! These nine voters are to be congratulated for their superior intellect and good looks.

10. Seitz (11) It just goes to show that P.T. Barnum was right when you consider this gun. I mean how you can even entertain a vote for this gun when they slap a piece of plexiglass on the receiver so you can see the trigger guts. It didn't work on those wristwatches and it does not work for guns!

11. Remington (12) Come on folks, were talking trap guns here not field guns! Besides that, didn't this company just belly up? Might as well just vote for Mossberg!

12. Guerini (14) Another cheap Italian copy gun that try's to capitalize on stock car popularity by offering “Pit Stops.” Owners of these guns usually chew tobacco and wear Dale Jr. tee-shirts.

13. Winchester (9) These nine voters hardly shoot anymore as they utilize walkers and wear oxygen generators due to their advanced age. Get real, those model 12's are like a hundred years old and kick like mules. Save your money and buy a new dribble cup!

14. Alfermann (5) Trying to cash in with a German name when the brothers found out that the name Seitz was already taken. If you do a search you will find out that these brothers originally had a last name of Wanker prior to the change to Alfermann. I guess Wanker shotguns didn't sound too good.

15. Fabarm (1) This brand got one vote because the forum member was drinking heavily and wanted to vote for Guerini and got confused. I can see that happen. After all, they are the same loser company.

16. Blaser (5) How can anyone vote for a gun named after a type of sport coat worn by those that are too cheap to buy a suit?

17. Benelli (0) Of course no one voted for this junk gun named after some obscure dictator from World War One!

18. CZ (0) Who names a gun CZ? What does it stand for? No one in their right mind buys one of these worthless firearms.

19. SKB (1) The guy that voted for this flawed firearm got confused after seeing the CZ above and thought we were playing scrabble here.

20. None of the Above (9) These nine forum members do not even own a trap gun and only joined this site because they have a man crush on Tron.

Well there ya have it folks, the poll has proven once again that the vast majority of our forum members are clueless or borderline senile.

If I ever start another poll I will keep it simple so that you “dweebs” understand what you are voting on, like say seven and a half's or eights or what is the best choke tube.

Makes me want to go over to the dark site to see what's new about the Grand leaving Vandalia.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
2,986 Posts
Bi-Star (9) Finally some intelligence shown by nine forum members. There is no finer gun available today than the Lamby Special! These nine voters are to be congratulated for their superior intellect and good looks.
Thank you for all the above. I see my check cleared, when can I expect shipment to my FFL?

· Registered
6,615 Posts
A TRAP GUN is anything that you can shoot at clay targets with the confidence of "if I do my part it is better than I am!

My State trap champion shotgun is said to be the Antithesis of a "TRAP GUN!" But it works for me.

Why should I have a crush on tron? Everything about my champion trap gun is me! While I think highly of myself I can't see that I have a crush on myself.

Al

· Registered
4,780 Posts
Browning (58) Most all of these guns are factory ported and everyone knows porting is just a gimmick and hurts the value of any gun. Fifty-eight votes goes to show how uneducated these forum members are.
Doc, I must fault you in the Browning category as you did not separate the superior Belgian made Superposed from the Jap made junk with holes in the sides of the barrels.

· Read Only
3,349 Posts
Remingtons and Winchesters were here when trap was born. In the 1950's - 1980's, we had a lot more participating trapshooters than what we have now and many of those shot model model 12's, 31's and 870's. We also had lower priced ammunition and reloading supplies. I fear that many potential new trapshooters are put off by high cost of some guns and ammunition. They would rather live in their basements and play video games.

I am no longer physically able to shoot but I cherish the memory of many state shoots, a few grands and weekly games shoots where many Winchester's and Remington's were in use.

Even today, if you go to some of the backwoods money shoots and bird races in Kentucky, watch some of the old timers with model 12's, BT99's, 870's and 1100's win the money.

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
In the 1950's - 1980's, we had a lot more participating trapshooters than what we have now and many of those shot model model 12's, 31's and 870's.
During that early time frame a $100/week salary was decent money. Up through the early 60’s that was a lower middle class income. Inflation hit and incomes went up some but ……

· What squad am I on?
TriStar TT15
8,770 Posts
Guerini (14) Another cheap Italian copy gun that try's to capitalize on stock car popularity by offering “Pit Stops.” Owners of these guns usually chew tobacco and wear Dale Jr. tee-shirts.
HA! Shows how little YOU know! Chew gives me heartburn and can't stand watching little cars go in circles.

...smokes like a chimney, drinks cheap beer like a fish and loves watching motocross or Monster Jam.

· Registered
13,015 Posts
Remingtons and Winchesters were here when trap was born. In the 1950's - 1980's, we had a lot more participating trapshooters than what we have now and many of those shot model model 12's, 31's and 870's. We also had lower priced ammunition and reloading supplies. I fear that many potential new trapshooters are put off by high cost of some guns and ammunition. They would rather live in their basements and play video games.

I am no longer physically able to shoot but I cherish the memory of many state shoots, a few grands and weekly games shoots where many Winchester's and Remington's were in use.

Even today, if you go to some of the backwoods money shoots and bird races in Kentucky, watch some of the old timers with model 12's, BT99's, 870's and 1100's win the money.
Good point. Those who look down their noses at guns that don't cost at least 5 Grand are like people who think a girl is not worth looking at unless she's Miss America or some movie Star , Dan Orlich shot a Remington model 31 like a house on fire ! Britt Robinson and Morris Steinbring later went to other guns but, they blazed a trail across the record books with an 870. Speaking of that gun I doubt if ANY of the arm chair quarter backs on here will EVER come within LIGHT YEARS of matching Rudy Etchen and his feats with that old 870 ! Men like Dick Baldwin and Bob Andrews shot their way into the Hall of Fame using Remington guns . Then there is the old Winchester model 12 . What a lot of those who shot one did with them is nothing short of legendary ( including being the FIRST gun to win the GAH from 27 yards) . One historic lady shooter was a "super champion "with an old Browning Broadway and became the first woman to win a Grand Championship Ring ,taking the Doubles Championship ,while shooting one. The shooting world knows her as Nora Martin-Ross. Speaking of that Trophy, it went to a lot of folks who weren't shooting P or K guns It has been won at least twice by southern boys shooting a Remington 3200. The last time last year in 2020 !

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.