Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your favorite gun oil? What is your favorite solvent? Favorite grease?
oil, I use tetra oil
solvent, Hoppe's #9
grease, tetra grease
I ain't been on here in about 5 years so just checking back in.
John Keeling

·
Registered
330 Posts
I use MPro-7 for a solvent. Love the stuff. Purportedly it's so nontoxic you can even drink it, but I have no plans to try; I prefer single malt Scotch. Usually use STOS for grease.

Tony

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
MPro for a solvent.

Krieghoff Gun Glide and/or STOS for grease

Rem-Oil for oil

Breakfree CLP for an "all round" product.

Gun Scrubber for the tough cleaning jobs.

Don (who hates cleaning guns)

G

·
"Bray" oil for oil (LSA weapons oil)

CMD Gun Lube for grease in warm weather, "Valco" white lithium in cold

Shooter's Choice for solvent

Clenzoil for protection

Mike

·
Registered
106 Posts
Oil: Kroil is the oil.
Solvent: Been using Hoppe's #9 solvent, but interested in changing to Shooter's Choice. who makwes it?
Grease: Springfield Armory synthetic M1A

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
Clenzoil, and its good for the wood and your leather goods also ... I have some Slip 2000 that I use on occasion but if its handy "Clenzoil" (and it usually is)... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Love the smell of Hoppe's #9 but switched to Shooters Choice when it worked so well on my AR-15. Wow that stinky stuff is great on shotguns too. Shooters Choice also makes a grease that comes in a dispenser. I just squeeze some onto the hinge of my BT and it works great. Leve em both.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Carb cleaner followed up by Mil-tec. The Mil-tec doesn't gunk up near as bad as the CLP and it keeps the ol'M4 going during those 1000 round range sessions. Not too shabby on the 11/87 either.

-N

·
Registered
352 Posts
USE Syn auto oil and grease on all guns Silver Sietz and Kriegoff , Merkels
and what ever I have top gun was my choice but syn work better they stay put . White gas for solvent

P L Kelley

·
Registered
519 Posts
Nyoil , G96 grease and a good solvent for rifle barrels. Extreme Coppermelt is the very best and I am looking for a way to get it back in the U.S. Barnes CR-10 does a pretty good job. But Coppermelt is the very best.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.