Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
539 Posts
My own. 3 parts Deer to 1 part bacon, Morton's sausage seasoning, extra sage and extra ground red pepper. Sometimes I'll add onion.

EE

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
EE,

says it right, sausage without sage is burger.

EE, my buddy just bought a commercail cuber at an auction. we been running all the rounds steaks through it with great results, I'll give your mustard a try.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had several deer proccesed at Nolacheks in Thorp, WI. They are fantastic and have won many awards. If you beg and plead you may get some insight from them.
http://nolechekmeats.com/

BTW- Have you ever tried slicing and then smoking any of the meat? I have had this done as well and it is fantastic. Goes great at parties with crackers and cheese.
Take that Rachel Ray!!!

·
Registered
762 Posts
go to eldonssausage.com they have all you need for all types of suasage and jerky. I like the summer sausage mix just add 10% beef fat to your trimmed deer meet. I use the neck, shanks, and anything that I can't cut for jerky strips. They also have they 2 1/2 inch casings for the summer sausage. Then put it in the over until the inner temp. is 155 degrees. I add musturd seed to mine. Mark Mauch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.