Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
8,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For many of us who have maybey traveled a bit and shot at some different gun clubs either registered or otherwise it would be fun to hear input on some gun clubs that you have been to that was enjoyable to be at or have made some good improvements. For me I want to give a shout out for the Sportsmans Club in Conrad MT. where Scott--Ted and others have made a great effort to put on some great shoots with creative trophys at a very nice new club. On the west side of the mountains here in MT. Plains Trap CLub has been adding a couple of traps and had a great turn out at their 2 day shoots this year! Shoot Well George

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had an opportunity to shoot at Bostic NC this year and was very impressed with the gunclub but the extremely nice people made this a place I will returned to. Food, targets, and clubhouse were very nice but the people made me and my son feel extremely welcome and we will return.

Jerry

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Bostic, NC, great targets, great background, Erads, good food, clean rest rooms--lots of parking--lots of convenient lodging

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
14,933 Posts
Williams County Gun Club, Montpelier Ohio. Added a trap #5 this year, also have a skeet field, excellant youth program, volunteer run, open Tuesdays and Saturdays, have ATA shoots every month, Winter trap league, and hopefully Calcutta's firing up again soon.
New club house.......did I mention all this by volunteers? $4/round for visitors.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have to say centeral gun club! It's always a blast down there but have to give a huge shout out to middle town sportsmens club in middle town Ohio!!!! Nice place great people and good targets!!!

·
Registered
10,663 Posts
Well, Favorite and most improved are two different topics. Favorite would still be Dixie in SE Alabama but, I think the vote for (recently)most improved would go to Gulfport MS. For adding 4 additional traps and building their new club house. Those MS. folks have worked very hard on improving it!

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
I travel up to Northeastern Ohio to visit in-laws on occasion. I've shot at the Monroe Gun Club in Conneaut, Ohio when I'm up there, and I have to tell you those are the nicest people I've ever shot with. Plus, the Club is Modern, clean, and very well run by Members. Great place to shoot.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Well, Favorite and most improved are two different topics. Favorite would still be Dixie in SE Alabama but, I think the vote for (recently)most improved would go to Gulfport MS. For adding 4 additional traps and building their new club house. Those MS. folks have worked very hard on improving it!
I agree.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Another vote for the NC Homegrounds @ Bostic,NC. Great venue and wonderful people.
Also South River Gun Club in Covington, Georgia. Home of the GA state shoot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts