Trapshooters Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi All-
Thank you for the nice comments. We have been married for 29 years and yes, I am a very lucky man.
I will take some pics when I get it and let you all know how it shoots.

-jP

·
Registered
58 Posts
Super great. A wonderful wife to be appreciated. It's nice to hear happy things in this troubled world. I'm sure now everytime you go shooting, you will have loving thoughts of her. Congrats !!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hi All-
Well I received the shotgun today and it looks just like the picture. It is very nice, here are my first impressions:

• Well balance
  • The Gracoil butt recoil system is nice and easy to setup (will see how it feels once I shoot a couple of rounds)
  • Comb is adjustable and it provided enough height to give me the sight picture I like (mid bead barely touching the front bead classic number 8)
  • Wood is very nice and shiny and the gold inlays are very nice

There is no trap tonight at my local club, but I went and shot a few rounds to the pattern board. I had the full choke in the bottom and IM top
I did make a stupid mistake and forgot my choke wrench so I could not change the position of the chokes. But the results were:

Bottom barrel- nice tight pattern but about 55/45
Top barrel - nice pattern about 65/35 (it was nice I like it)

Like I said I was not able to shoot the IM in the bottom barrel but will try it on Saturday. For now my first round will be with the top barrel with IM.

The ONLY thing I did not like about the shotgun is that it comes in a box (No case) and you would expect a shotgun in this price range to include a case, don't you think?

Thanks

-jP

21 - 29 of 29 Posts