Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Unfortunately true. I think the last day was the first week of November. Had a great time there watching Ohio State football on Saturday of the Fall Freedom shoot. What a shame....

·
What squad am I on?
TriStar TT-15 Combo
8,424 Posts
What is the Farmstead Restaurant and who are the Fishburns?
Jack (RIP) and Karen Fishburn are the reason for the Cardinal Center. They are Icons of our sport. The restaurant was theirs and on the property.

Click here for more...

·
Premium Member
4,374 Posts
That was Jack's baby when we bought the campground. I think he ate all his breakfasts at the back table. His farm raised the eggs, meat and bacon for the place. I believe many of the workers were family. Now that Jack and his wife are gone thinks changed. Jack never wanted alcoholic beverages server on the property. That changed. They lost the good chef and the food changed. The building changed. Never was real busy after the change over. I remember standing in line for the fish fry. People changed there habits. I wonder what is going to change at the shooting center. More spring clays and bunker trap. They never finished the camp sights to the west of the main road down the center. Jack was a stable in the county. I wish for the best. Hard to see a housing development or shopping center developed there. Best of luck to the shooters and families that attended. Happy holidays

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Running any Resturant is absolutely crazy now.
It is a 24hour/365 life commitment with serious supply chain and labor problems.
Not to mention food cost are through the roof.

I doubt anyone in the family wanted to deal with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts