Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS EXHIBITION GRADE TURKISH WALNUT SHOTGUN BLANK IS READY TO BE CARVED. THIS KIND OF
COLOR: VERY RICH DARKER REDDISH HONEY BROWN WITH VERY STRONG DEPTH, CONTRAST AND YELLOW STRIPES.

FIDDLE-BACK : SOME

FIGURE: FULL MARBLE-CAKE AND VERY DARK BLACK MINERAL LINES.
Size 19.5" Long x 3" Thick x 8.25" wide on butt.
Air dried since 3/2003.
9.5% Moisture content.
Price best offer over $1,000.00

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
You may want to find a blank for a forend to match to make a sale. The blank is just big enough to make most stocks for trap guns with higher ribs that are shot today. IMO thanks Ronnie

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ronnie:
The way that the felt pen outline was drawn, does give the impression that the comb would be too short, but that not is the case.
If the fore end is taken from a revised outline, the blank would allow a high comb stock with room to spare.
We must compute the entire dimensions of the blank in order to make a judgement.
Do the numbers, 19 1/2 long times 8.25 width with a 3" thickness.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Bueno, I understand what you are saying and a blank for me to make most custom stocks numbers need to be 18 long by 7 deer and a full 2 1/2 inch thick. I do not see that I can get both stock and forend from your blank. I think it may be possable to do a copy of a factory stock set. IMO thanks Ronnie

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ronnie:
So my blank is within those parameters and more at: 19 1/2 long times 8.25 width with a 3" thickness. Most stockmakers will rather furnish the wood for obvious reasons, but again my blank measurements are adequate for most any stocks unless you are really going with odd measurements.
Sadly my stock maker close to Atlanta died last week, Gary Hackney (The Hack) and I was very sad by his departure, more so that we where planning to work on a custom stock.
Wherever you are Hack, keep smoking those great cigars and working at what you love.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.