Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this fairly old 700X 8 ounce can in the back of my old ammo locker after my last move 7 years ago.
I opened it and it didn’t smell bad so I reloaded 1 ounce 12 gauge shells with it.
I’m curious whether or not anyone decipher the date of manufacture code on the bottom of the can?

Liquid Fluid Automotive tire Cylinder Paint
Liquid Fluid Automotive tire Plastic bottle Cylinder

Communication Device Fluid Liquid Gadget Gas

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I have one of those 12 pounders still sealed.
Look closer to that Can. It is 13 pounds. Dupont was the only company I know of that sold 13 lb. KEGS. I used 700x exclusively for approximately 15 years. I was told they stopped selling it do too changes of DOT transportations regulations .

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
A 15 pound can of Red Dot is shown in the movie First Blood, where John Rambo blows up The Outpost trading post and gun store.

I have the same can, now empty, purchased in the mid 1970's for $66.00. I use it to store my black powder shooting stuff.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I found this fairly old 700X 8 ounce can in the back of my old ammo locker after my last move 7 years ago.
I opened it and it didn’t smell bad so I reloaded 1 ounce 12 gauge shells with it.
I’m curious whether or not anyone decipher the date of manufacture code on the bottom of the can?

View attachment 1765756 View attachment 1765755
View attachment 1765754

Thanks
It's not too old.it says IMR instead of DuPont. If I remember, 700X had a kind of ether smell. Jonathan Taylor
A 15 pound can of Red Dot is shown in the movie First Blood, where John Rambo blows up The Outpost trading post and gun store.

I have the same can, now empty, purchased in the mid 1970's for $66.00. I use it to store my black powder shooting stuff.
I have two 8lb fiber drums from Red Dot. My dad used a bunch of the 15 pounders. I wish it still came in 15 lb fiber drums...

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I have one of those 12 pounders still sealed.
Me too!! And l have 2 of the old cans as trash cans around the shop n gun room. And l am working out of 1 now. I just keep buying the plastic ones and dump into the metal one. Hard to give up old habits!!!

Reactions: shotgunner50
1 - 20 of 42 Posts