Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is everyone who is shooting the XLR5 liking the guns performance. I have ben thinking of one or perhaps the Berretta trap auto.

Thanks for the comments.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
You might check out Beretta's new A400 Multitarget that is due out real soon. I think about the same price (not known yet by me but close enough) but it looks to have many of the same features, and is a Beretta. I almost pulled the pin on a Fabarms XLR5, but the guys with them in my area simply had too many issues with them, even the Gen 3. XLR5 is a fine looking semi auto, but believe the Beretta might better work for me and based on how many used ones have been for sale.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Some people love them, some don't. I am one of those who do and shoot very well with it. Would suggest a used one from those who do not like their XLR5. JM

·
Registered
775 Posts
I've had my XLR5 Titainium for just over a year with several thousand rounds through it. The only problem I had was broken firing pin which FABARM replaced free in a day. I like the #9 choke for trap. It is a smoker! I run 500 rounds through it then give it a thorough cleaning. When I first got it, light loads did not eject every time like advertised. After it was broken in with about 500 rounds, light loads ejected nicely as long as the gun was clean. It's the nature of the beast with semi autos. All in all, I LOVE how it looks and performs! I'd highly recommend one.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Love mine. Shot it this weekend at a local PITA shoot on Saturday. 97 in singles. 94 in handicap. 93 in doubles for HOA for the day. Love the gun. Have many break guns in the safe but the Fab is easy on my damaged neck and swings better than most of the others. I personally think it's the best production trap auto available today. Feels like a big gun but you get used to it real quick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts