Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Been shooting one for over a year, I love the heads up position the high rib allows. I had some trouble in the beginning that required a return trip to CG for a tune up, would not feed second shell reliability or consistently. Since getting it back has been all good, soft shooting and reliable in competition. You need to ensure it fits you especially in the grip, I have a gen I stock and it fits me but I have large hands. The gen III is supposed to be better in that regard and fit smaller handed shooters but I have not seen one to offer an opinion.

·
Banned
673 Posts
I purchashed an XLR-5 gen 3 in sept , only shot singles and yardage no doubles,used both the birchwood casey and the t/s shell catchers ,I like the birchwood casey better as it allows for easier loading of the shell. once lop and comb placement were set rib hight and front weights were set poi was established ,shooting was done with 1 1/8 # 8's @1200fps. the gun is stable, swings smoothly and recoil is a none factor, I had 0 problems over the 1000 rounds. I broke the gun down after the 1000 rounds for cleaning but it sure didn't need it, much cleaner than my 391 after the same amount of use.trigger is really good again vs my 391. having a hard time adjusting to the high ramp so far back on the receiver ,its like a magnet for my strong eye. hope this helps / jamie/65

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I never shot automatics much but this one looked interesting. I put about 10,000 rounds thru one and sold it. The gun seemed very bulky--like shooting a 10 gauge. Never got a release trigger to work well. Learned that I hated cleaning automatics. I will stick with break open guns. Smokit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts