Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m primarily a skeet shooter but looking to do more trap and sporting clays shooting. I normally shoot 28 gauge and 410 in my Beretta Gold E, so I’m interested in getting a semi-auto for shooting 12 gauge in these new disciplines. I’ve been looking at the Fabarm L4S, but I read conflicting information regarding their reliability vs. Beretta A400’s. Things like their quality is superior, but won’t cycle certain ammunition. Or that their customer service is superior, but the guns are more likely to need to be repaired.

At my local gun club there are several A400 shooters, but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anyone shooting Fabarms. I’ve done searches, but most of the posts have been a few years ago and I’d like to make sure I’m getting as current info as I can.

Thanks!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've owned a Fabarm L4S for over a year. It is not my primary gun. The gun has about 1,500 shells without a hiccup. The fit and finish are second to none. Excellent engineering in my opinion. Check screws when you buy one. I had a small screw near the trigger guard fall out as well as the mid bead which both were replaced quickly and free from the factory.
Very nice handling shotgun as well. I bought the 32" barrel version. Prints perfect 60/40 POI and the chokes are exceptional.
Dave

·
Registered
462 Posts
Have had no issues with my Fabarm XLR5 whatsoever. Cycles down to 7/8 oz loads built like a tank in my opinion. Been very reliable and customer service is great. My friends Beretta Multi target the carrier assembly fell apart after 4 months of use, the welds inside just broke apart. Beretta customer service did not even provide an explanation for him . He has the gun back and it is repaired however he wishes he had bought a Fabarm.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Love my XLR5 LR. Bought it used but very well taken care of. 2013 date of manufacture. Several thousands rounds so far. Broke one snap ring. Got a couple new ones from Fabarm around four dollars if I remember correctly. Watched a youtube video and changed it in about five minutes. I'm not sure but it looks like most of the parts are the same on the XLR5 and the L4S except the trigger group.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have an LS5, in my humble opinion built better than a Beretta. My buddy has several Berettas including the 400, he's had 3 of those, and he said the same thing. I recently got it so haven't pulled the trigger much but that's my opinion. Easier to clean too. I have had Beretta 303s and 390s. I shoot heavy loads so can't comment on that aspect much, cycles flawlessly so far.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Tron no disrespect to you but the quality of Browning firearms has completely went down the toilet the last 10 years. John Browning would roll over in his grave if he could see the POS shotguns that Browning retailers shelves are stocked with!!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Tron no disrespect to you but the quality of Browning firearms has completely went down the toilet the last 10 years. John Browning would roll over in his grave if he could see the POS shotguns that Browning stocks retailers shelves are stocked with!!
You are probably gonna get sued for that remark!

·
Supporting Vendor
10,323 Posts
Tron no disrespect to you but the quality of Browning firearms has completely went down the toilet the last 10 years. John Browning would roll over in his grave if he could see the POS shotguns that Browning retailers shelves are stocked with!!
We disagree. Browning still makes an outstanding gun for the money with excellent barrel regulation and decent triggers. You have to spend around 3 times the money to get a gun as good or better and that is even questionable. In my opinion, the Fab is a cheaply made gun with great efforts put into making it look good, not to mention, terrible resale.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
My son has been shooting a L4S sporting for a couple of years now.
Excellent reliability. No issue's. Very simple gas system compared to
the A400. Beretta's service leave's a lot to be desired.
Sky Buster, I wasn't ripping on FabArms. I was jabbing Harv for putting Browning & Bi Stars in the same sentence !!!

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Well, I respectfully disagree with your statement. I have worked on Brownings for many years, although retired, I still work on some for club members. If it was not for that lower firing pin, Browning would put me out of work. The fit and finish, not to mention quality, is as good as ever on Browning shotguns. You can hardly wear one out and if you shoot those "thousands and thousands" of rounds in it, Browning will rebuild it like new for a modest sum. I own many and they are all running like a Swiss watch. Regards, Bob

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the reply's! I’d really like to fire one to see how it fits. I left a message on the Fabarms website about a dealer in North Carolina but got no response. Curious.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have a XLR. It's the softest shooting gun I have ever owned. It will shoot the lightest loads when it immaculately clean. But mine requires a through cleaning every few hundred rounds to function with 1 oz loads.
My A400 can go through about 5000 rounds before it requires the same attention.
Just my experience, yours may vary.
If you can, find a used one. Resale is terrible on them.
Good luck.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts