Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,539 Posts
Looking for info on the Fabarm L4S Sporting. Looking to get one for my Son. Any input (good or bad) would be helpful.

Thx
Bob
Buster, I have a L4S Sporting 30" and it's the best of all the gas autos I've owned or shot........not even close. BUT, to operate like you would expect it to perform, the gun needs to be clean, gas system dry, and action wet and when it is, you will be surprised at the performance. Wipe down after each shoot and clean about every 2K rounds. The question is, will your son wipe it down.......mag. tube, gas piston and gas piston housing (inside and out) and inside receiver and relube the action? If not, don't purchase it.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx for the input. I don’t think cleaning it will be an issue. We clean pretty good after each use. I’ve read of some people here had trouble getting their barrels off, especially on a new gun until it’s broken in. Have you had any issues with that?

· Registered
1,539 Posts
Thx for the input. I don’t think cleaning it will be an issue. We clean pretty good after each use. I’ve read of some people here had trouble getting their barrels off, especially on a new gun until it’s broken in. Have you had any issues with that?
No issues on removing the barrel from the receiver.......why? Because I spray Safari Charlie on the top of the barrel tang extension and the inside of the barrel tang. Why Safari Charlie, not petroleum based, therefore less after shot debris on the action parts. It is quick drying so need to wipe off excess. NO lube on the mag. tube or the gas piston or gas piston housing and only lube the action rails and the track that the action rails move on inside the receiver. Your son will think he's driving a Shelby Mustang.

· Registered
238 Posts
Looking for info on the Fabarm L4S Sporting. Looking to get one for my Son. Any input (good or bad) would be helpful.

Thx
Bob

Thx
Bob
Ditto to what 4th. down wrote. I've got ~ 10 flats through mine and no problems & maintain it the same way. No barrel issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.