Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my brand new RS12 trap combo.
I tried to shoot doubles today and kept having a problem with the top barrel (2nd shot) not firing.
The trigger is not resetting after first shot and the 2nd shot will not fire.

Has anyone had this happen to you?????

Please help.....

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have not had an issue with the axis. But I know all my citoris you have to make sure to fully release trigger between shots. Sean

·
Registered
597 Posts
The problem could be as Sean (above) stated or it could need lubed with a penetrating oil to
ease the trigger mechanism for the second shot.

I would cock the gun (empty of course) pull the first trigger then take a rubber or rawhide mallet
and tap the butt plate to simulate the recoil of a fired round to see if it sets the second barrel.

Eddie

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have an Axis trap. Did you adjust the opening tension? I did when I bought it. It was hard to open. There has to be enough tension for the inertia mechanism to work correctly. It's in the instruction manual .If you need any more assistance. Call Fabarm . Andrew will talk you thru it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
just got my brand new RS12 trap combo.
I tried to shoot doubles today and kept having a problem with the top barrel (2nd shot) not firing.
The trigger is not resetting after first shot and the 2nd shot will not fire.

Has anyone had this happen to you?????

Please help.....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes. I know of a very good junior shooter who got one last summer and had the same problem while shooting at Cardinal. They ended up taking the gun back as the problem could not be fixed. He had the Axis. I wonder if it has the same trigger mechanism?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes. I know of a very good junior shooter who got one last summer and had the same problem while shooting at Cardinal. They ended up taking the gun back as the problem could not be fixed. He had the Axis. I wonder if it has the same trigger mechanism?
Hi Tincanman, sorry it took so long to get back to you about this but I haven't been shooting much this summer... What did Fabarm do? Did they just replace the trigger? Fabarm only has the one trigger mech available for that gun

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
It may be that the barrel selector has to be switched from barrel to barrel with the safety on and if not will not index properly to fire the selected barrel or the selector is not completely seated. I would give Fabarm a call and ask, they built the gun and should have the best answer.

Surfer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts