Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the looks of the Fabarm Axis but at this point have not talked to anyone that shoots one. I am just asking if anyone owns one and if they are worth the money.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bought a used o/u for my daughter last year. It is a very nice looking gun, tons of adjustments. Seems to be very reliable so far. She hasn’t shot it a lot but a few thousand so far. It has cheap wood on it But it doesn’t bother me. The one major complaint I have is the hinge tension adjustment. When I got it was to loose. I tightened it up and in about 100 shots it loosened again. I took it apart, put locktite on the screw and about 1000 rounds it was loose again. My daughter doesn’t complain so I leave it. But it Drives me nuts when I shoot it.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
I borrowed one from a friend to shoot my first league season - one of the original ones with the silver colored receiver. It was a really nice gun and I had no issues at all with it.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have a Axis 12 and no issues
the warranty people are great when l loose a part they send it free...they are part of CG...
30 K down mine...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for your help. I liked the features the gun offers for the price. I just wanted to hear from someone that has owned the gun.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have an RS12 combo that I bought new two years ago. The gun in my opinion is well worth the asking price for the what you get. Fully adjustable comb and ribs on both of my barrels. The only thing I added was an adjustable pad. I've not had any issues with the hinge tension adjustment but I will say that the unsingle barrel opens much easier that the over under and not just after shooting and the gun is re-cocking. Other than that, the wood is what they call their "tri-wood" finish in which they "highlight" the grain to make them look fancier than they are. Fabarm is owned by Ceasar Gurini and is what I'd call their budget line but honestly, I love mine. I shoot with two others in a summer league (if that happens this year) that also have the RS12 combos and none of us have had any issues.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Screenshot_20200428-211457_Gallery.jpg
I have owned my RS12 combo for 3 years, and have had no complaints or problems with the gun. I did not go with the Tri-wood, they offered natural wood that I liked better. I also added an adjustable pad. I like the comb hardware, easy to adjust.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
I've been very interested in the RS12 and was hoping that more people that own one would chime in on this thread. So far everyone that has posted has had fairly positive things to say about their experience with the gun. I would love to have a 10-15k gun but it just isn't a possibility for me so the price point of the Fabarms is obtainable. Not easily but probable.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've been very interested in the RS12 and was hoping that more people that own one would chime in on this thread. So far everyone that has posted has had fairly positive things to say about their experience with the gun. I would love to have a 10-15k gun but it just isn't a possibility for me so the price point of the Fabarms is obtainable. Not easily but probable.
This is exactly why I bought one for my daughter. And it cost more than the gun I shoot for trap. As I said above the hinge is it’s only flaw I have found. But it’s a drives me crazy because the forearm is loose when it loosens and I hold a tight gun. As far a value. With this gun you are getting exactly what you are paying for, nothing more, nothing less.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have one of the early ones with the silver reciever and the unsingle does open and close easier than the o/u. find it a good deal with all the adjustable features and no issues with the gun. Had tron add a sps adjustable and micro cell pad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts