Trapshooters Forum banner

Fabarm Axis RS Trap Combo - Grey

2315 Views 10 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  SamThompson_2020
Hey y'all - 'Howdy' from a TS.com newbie. Not new, by any means, to shootin', huntin', & reloadin'. Been doin' all that for at least 50 years. Shoot Trap for 25 years until 1986 when I 'discovered' Skeet. :)

The powers to be are about to close my only reasonable access to Skeet practice - Hill AFB Rod & Gun Club. Since I'm not quite ready to quit shooting shotguns at clay targets and feathered game, I decided that a return to trap might be in order. Since I'll be competeing in all three ATA events (Singles, Doubles, & Handicap) I feel a combo Trap set would be in order. And based on my youth, I'm thinking guns in the $10k & up bracket probably aren't going to happen. And I never shot a Browning I truelly liked or felt comfortable shooting.

Looking at some of the offerings available out there, one tends to stand out as a good value for the cost - Fabarm Axis RS Trap Combo - Grey. They can be found new for less than $7k and used for around $5k, plus/minus. Their hunting guns seem to get good reviews from lots of folks, but their competition Trap reveiws are hard to come by. I would rather hear from those of you that actually have one and have shot it for awhile, especially if you would NOT recommend it to your friends. I'm also looking at other brands, but Fabarm seems to stand out initially.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· What squad am I on?
TriStar TT15
8,770 Posts
The Axis is highly underrated. I enjoyed mine, it wasn't the Grey but a newer black combo. A buddy took his in for service at the Cardinal Center and a candid conversation with their smith revealed they're every bit of a CG. Actually, the Invictus line has incorporated a couple features of the Axis. So when the flagship Caeser Guerini incorporates features from it's little brother, that says something...

· Administrator
9,675 Posts
We have a local dealer here who sells a lot of CG/Fabarm and Syren shotguns. They will normally have a display with demos at a couple of our local shoots.

I have had a chance to handle and check them out, all in a not a bad package for the street price you see them at, many forget that we have way more selection today in trap guns than we ever had before esp. in the area of price points and adjustability.

With price points soaring for new K-Guns and P-Guns and even new CG shotguns many shooters are looking at Fabarms.....and of course Brownings and getting good value for their money.

· Premium Member
795 Posts
When I was looking for a new combo I liked everything about them except they won't sell you parts for them. Any repairs have to be done by authorized smith or factory. That was a deal breaker for me. I can have a spring break on Sunday, have a new one in my mail box by Wednesday and be up and shooting again the next weekend.

· Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a Fabarm Axis Trap Combo . I would highly recommend it , been shooting it regularly for about a year. Very underrated firearm in my opinion.
Where did you purchase yours? There are NO 'stocking' dealers in Utah or neighboring states.

· What squad am I on?
TriStar TT15
8,770 Posts
Get ahold of Mike Gooch @Indiana Gun Club. Older listing but he'll get what you're looking for...

· Registered
1,122 Posts

· Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found a consignment set in Texas that was bought new in 2019 for a gentlemans 2 sons to shoot. COVID happened and they didn't shoot at all in 2020 or this year so it went on the auction block with the dealer he bought it from. Almost no use and in excellent shape based on the pictures. Made an offer this morning; we'll see. 😁

· Registered
128 Posts
Hey y'all - 'Howdy' from a TS.com newbie. Not new, by any means, to shootin', huntin', & reloadin'. Been doin' all that for at least 50 years. Shoot Trap for 25 years until 1986 when I 'discovered' Skeet. :)

The powers to be are about to close my only reasonable access to Skeet practice - Hill AFB Rod & Gun Club. Since I'm not quite ready to quit shooting shotguns at clay targets and feathered game, I decided that a return to trap might be in order. Since I'll be competeing in all three ATA events (Singles, Doubles, & Handicap) I feel a combo Trap set would be in order. And based on my youth, I'm thinking guns in the $10k & up bracket probably aren't going to happen. And I never shot a Browning I truelly liked or felt comfortable shooting.

Looking at some of the offerings available out there, one tends to stand out as a good value for the cost - Fabarm Axis RS Trap Combo - Grey. They can be found new for less than $7k and used for around $5k, plus/minus. Their hunting guns seem to get good reviews from lots of folks, but their competition Trap reveiws are hard to come by. I would rather hear from those of you that actually have one and have shot it for awhile, especially if you would NOT recommend it to your friends. I'm also looking at other brands, but Fabarm seems to stand out initially.
I have a Fabarm Axis O/U Trap - I love the gun... fits well, good balance, and outstanding performance. I would recommend it. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.