Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we all see threads about all the problems and options such as barrels triggers broken parts barrel hangers adjustable pads also people wanting to sell trade or upgrade all those p,k,b,guns how come nothing aboutthe f3 blaser.I was looking at guns international there are hundreds of these guns and about 20 listings for the f3.how good of a gun is or are we all missing a great gun and following the trend with p,k,b guns have a great thanksgiving to all

·
Registered
10,360 Posts
I bought an old style Luxus factory demo. Blaser insisted I send it in for an update, no charge. Gun worked great as it was. I bought a used barrel with a bent extractor, it was replaced at no charge. Broke a barrel weight, you guessed it, no charge.

Several more years of warranty. After that, I have no problem finally paying for something if the gun ever needs anything other than annuals. The top lever is STILL almost to the wood.

I now have two barrels and a Briley tube set. Upgraded stock, selection of chokes, custom Americase.

Best fitting, best feeling, best handling shotgun I have ever held. Had mine a little over a year, and am still tickled when I pick it up. It keeps getting better.

I have all the gun I need or want. The search is over.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I recently bought a F3 off a board member and actually sold my CG to him. I really am liking the blaser after about 700 rounds through it. Just taking time to get it dialed in. All in all I love how it points! I did add 10 oz of barrel weight to it because I thought it swung to fast for me. The weight did the trick!

·
Premium Member
10,352 Posts
I dont know but the bottom line is that they are probably the best built shotgun in the world

May not function as well as a Krieghoff but certain not much less

Regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
175 Posts
Every maker is going to have things that fail. We shooters really put these guns to the ultimate endurance test. I brought my Blaser to Argentina to shoot dove and pigeon. Ran almost 4000 shells through it in 4 days, not a hickup. My dad shoots a Browning european 325 and he had no issues either. My Perazzi has been flawless as well as my wifes. I don't count a broken trigger spring as an issue every few years.

I don't think Blaser is the best of all shotguns. Their quality and service has faultered substantially in the last couple yesrs. I have seen a lot of barrel issues, both catastrophic separations as well as POI issues on new barrel sets. Blaser's response to the separations was great, not much question to who was at fault. The POI problems were poorly handled. When a gun shoots sustantially off the side and the response is "that is within spec" you lose a lot of faith.
My Blaser and all my barrels have been top notch and hope they stay that way.

·
Administrator
8,516 Posts
I reference to my experience with the Blaser F-3.I got my F-3 Super Trap in March or 2013 and my dad got his in May of 2013.From spending some time with mine I can say that it has proven to be a easy to set POI and also set up for weight and balance with the stock weight system that comes with the F-3.They were easy to install and I was able to get the feel that I wanted.I have had no reliability issues with mine nor has my dad with his.I have and estimated 10k shells thru mine at this time.I know that is not alot at this time but only having it since march but we will see at we move thru a busy winter league and new registered season.I own Krieghoffs and have had Perazzis including a Trap Special and a MX-2000 RS and have found the F-3 very comfortable to shoot and as I said earlier to set up.I spent alot of time with mine on the pattern board and was not disappointed at all.I would definately like to see a better case provided with the F-3 but that is personal preference.I was able to get a nice americase from a vendor here and problem solved.Shoot well George

·
Registered
967 Posts
Agree with George 100% I really like mine so far and was able to get POI setup to my liking on both the unsingle and the O/U with little problem.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I don't shoot one so take this any way you wish ,we have 6 guys who shoot them at our club all combo's and they all shoot them well but not one of them has much blueing left on the reciever and I know 2 of them have already been reblued at least once.All but one has had at least one of the ribs replaced all broke around the adjustment mechanism and been replaced on warranty but all said blaser has never paid any shipping for repairs,I also think they are a very nice trap gun but have their issues like they all do.BOB

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have ben toying with the idea of getting a new gun the 70000 rounds I have put I my berretta 391 golden target I am afraid it has seen its last shell put thru it. Wen the receiver starts spitting out chunks of steel I think my old friend is done. On the f3 does the receiver have shims to fit it to all the different body types. How does one adjust it to your body so it shoots were you look.

·
Administrator
8,516 Posts
Hey Chrome, Glad you are liking the F-3.Mine has been great so far and my dad has been doing well with his.He seems to get the best results with 1 oz 8s with the full choke.To oldeyes in reference to shims ect. the new F-3s have very nice stock with an adjustable comb there is a roll-over so is very comfortable.If you get a chance and someone in the area where you live has one of the newer F-3 Super Traps hopefully they would let you shoot it.THe stocks are palm swelled for a right handed shooter.I notice that there have been some nice buys on some F-3 super traps on this forum.I know that everyone has thier favorite dealer ect. in my case I would reccomend talking to Pam and Mike at Alamo Sporting Arms if you have questions on a new Blaser ect. they have treated me really well over the years and have always been true to thier word and if the do not have an answer they will certainly research your question and get an accurate non-hyped answer for you.Happy Thanksgiving George

·
Registered
45 Posts
I tried an F3 for a while when money was a little tighter for me, but went back to a K80 as soon as I could. They are well made guns, but definitely not as robust as a Krieghoff and the trigger is not anywhere near as good as a Krieghoff. I thought I had a defective trigger on mine but then felt a few others again and they're all the same; light, spongy and not 100% consistent. I know of two AAA skeet shooters who have lost targets in competition from the gun going off unexpectedly early. One of them had his checked by Blaser and they told him it was within spec, nothing they could do about it.

I still think they are good guns, love the design and engineering; easy to care for, nice weight & balance system. Just not the gun for the highest levels of competition or for people who shoot 15K + rounds per year.

·
Registered
10,360 Posts
Some of the old style guns were said to have trigger problems. They will be upgraded at no charge to owner.

I have not seen anything like what you have stated about customer service, Sky.

I have also had about 20 Krieghoffs, and my Blaser triggers are at least as good, if not better.

Don't know where you are coming from. You say the guns and customer service are substandard, and are to be bought only if you cannot afford a "better" gun. NOT.

·
Administrator
8,516 Posts
Interesting post.Upon reading I decided to go to my gunsafe and do alittle comparison between my K-80,F-3 Super Trap and a Krieghoff KS-6.The KS-6 and the K-80 had both been recently serviced and found the F-3s trigger pull to not be spongy at all.Actually crisp and and precise on both squeezes.So went over to my dads place and checked his out nice and crisp.I guess that Im approaching the 15k round count I should be worried?I guess we will see as I will hit that mark this month no problem.

·
Registered
967 Posts
George,
I have to agree with you the blaser triggers are certainly not spongy IMHO. I recently had Allems convert mine back to factory pull and it seems better than ever. I like the comment that these guns aren't serious competition guns. Funny that's what they were made for....

·
Administrator
8,516 Posts
Hey Chrome I with you! I would say that nothing made by man is perfect or ever-lasting and when I comment on a shotgun it is because I own it or have owned one and experienced it more than just a round of 25 ect.It is like when the CGs first hit with a lot of promotion and more product on the market,there were issues just like any other company but in retrospect my dads Magnus Trap has about 60k thru it no problem and was serviced and got a new block last year and CG did an excellent turnaround.That gun has been a real workhorse for him.He did all his singles and caps shooting with the F-3 last season with out any issues at all.I spent a lot of time getting the set up on the F-3 O/U Bl. the way that I wanted it and one feature that I like is how easy the Bottom Hanger is to change out.Very quick and easy no roll pin to drift out.SHoot Well George

·
Registered
49 Posts
I left the sport (skeet) for 22 years and returned 3 years ago. Tried 1100s, 391s, 682s, Citori, and K-80. Finally tried a F3 Super Sport and liked it well enough to buy one from Paxton. Best gun I have ever owned in terms of fit, balance, trigger pull and reliability. I have put about 20,000 rounds thru it in the last 18 months without a hiccup. May not suit everyone but you can't pry mine out of my hands.

Don

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
I shoot a K-80. I traded my son's K-80 and gave him an F3. I think it's one gun I'd shoot if I didn't shoot a K-80. Unfortunately, some of them have issues and they also fired their main man-Norbert Haussman. That alone makes me question their direction!!

·
Registered
10,360 Posts
I have known Norbert for many years, and don't think he has ever been fired. He simply was not happy with the job slot, and went in another direction.

He is now indeed with Zoli.

A part of the reason I wanted to go with Blaser WAS Norbert. He is a master gunsmith of high end arms. I hated to see him leave Blaser, but Andre has done an excellent job of filling some very large shoes.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts