Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this beautiful "Window Pane" Myrtlewood blank in the back room of a shop that was closing after fifty years in the Myrtlewood business. Although the "panes" aren't perfectly vertical, the dark stripe and fantastic color make this blank very unique and desirable. This is the first chunk of Myrtle I've found with the "Window Pane" broken fiddle that is big enough for a gun blank. Measurements are 20 inches long, 8 inches tall at the butt, 4 inches tall at the receiver and 2 3/8 inches thick. There is a small surface stress check on the right side that shows in the picture as a dark line. It doesn't penetrate the blank and will mill out completely during the duplication process. This blank is twelve years dry and measures 11% moisture. As with all wood moving from one part of the country to another, I advise a period of acclimation to let the blank "settle" in your environment. Price on this stunner is REDUCED TO $325.00 and is SOLD pending receipt of funds.

This one is on the way to the American Custom Gunmakers Guild Show in Reno this weekend. I'm pretty sure it won't come back. Let me know at the email address above if you're interested and I'll mark it with your name.

Thanks for looking, Mike Mann WHITE CREEK GUNSTOCK BLANKS, LLC

·
Supporting Vendor
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Price reduced to $325.00 from $395.00. Blank will be shipped with a closely matching forearm blank.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.