Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is a fair price for the shape it is in. The gun looks like a field gun with a Trap buttstock. Field style reciever and field style forend. If the choke says full choke rather then Trap full choke then I suspect that is what has happened. Some of the very last Sx-1's made had plain recievers in Trap grade but those were in the 89,000 serial number range and would have a stage 3 type trigger rather then the stage one style that is in your gun. Nice price on a nice gun. Jeff

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They gave you your moneys worth in the choke department. Most field full chokes were about 35 thousandths but I have seen them as high as 42 thousandths. The ribs on both barrels are the same and all Sx-1 barrels came with two beads. The gun appears to be a field gun with a Montecarlo tarp buttstock. Jeff

·
Registered
419 Posts
My trap gun didn't have trap full choke on it either. had stage 3 style trigger with gold plated trigger and the rib does sit higher than my field full choke. Got's 3 sx's now. just love em. Keith

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea.. That is what Bob always said about the ribs. I have seen them higher and not higher. I have also seen them shoot anywhere from 100 high to 50/50 flat with a trap barrel. Just makes no sense.Bob Baumgart had a factory Sx-1 trap full with 48 points of choke. Talk about a hammer. Best bet if you get a SX-1 trap barrel is to pattern it for impact and find out what you have as they are seldom the same. I was told they were hoping the rib would put them at 60/40 with the beads stacked but things didn't seem to turn out that way in many cases. Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.