Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Josh,
I purchased a set of Anton Trap wood from you a couple of months ago.As of yet I have not been able to get the fore-arm on the gun, as the guys are telling me that the iron will not fit the wood.Can you shed any light on this? I am sending an email as it is Sunday, and I "stumbled" acrossed your ad for a Model 12 Trap on Trapshooters.Nice looking gun. Wished I would have seen this before buying wood set. Thank you for your time, Harold Calhoun

·
Registered
151 Posts
Josh,
I purchased a set of Anton Trap wood from you a couple of months ago.As of yet I have not been able to get the fore-arm on the gun, as the guys are telling me that the iron will not fit the wood.Can you shed any light on this? I am sending an email as it is Sunday, and I "stumbled" acrossed your ad for a Model 12 Trap on Trapshooters.Nice looking gun. Wished I would have seen this before buying wood set. Thank you for your time, Harold Calhoun

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Tom, it's odd that a question like yours rarely get an answer. Obviously the gun has been overbored, but the owner chooses not to explain that.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The question was what is the bore diameter? So no you have not answered the question.. I too would like to know. Thanks for your time.

Hugh

·
Registered
308 Posts
I believe your numbers, however you may want to check your bore gauge for calibration, or the barrel itself for crud build up. Just never seen numbers like this on a factory barrel. But then, there's a lot we don't know about M-12's, you could special order them with a lot of options, maybe this is one.

Tom

·
Registered
308 Posts
I believe that would be a 1963 gun. Don't think Winchester was doing much special order barrel work that late. Could be wrong. Try posting your question on http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=60 and see what feedback you get. Lot of folks on that forum have serious M-12 knowledge.

Tom

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I've measured dozens of Model 12 barrels and never seen one with such dimensions. You are measuring with calipers? That is not the tool that is normally used to measure shotgun bores and chokes. Maybe you could further describe your measuring tools.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.