Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Sale: REDUCED!

636 Winchester AA HS 28 ga. Hulls,389 long and 247 short, Once fired in an O/U, Very Clean. Really don't want to separate at this time.

Remove Z's, correct the 'at' in e-address or PM to contact me.

$95.00 OBO shipped to lower 48.

Thanks, Dan

·
Supporting Vendor
6,009 Posts
O.K. I will bite. What's the "long" and the "short" about?

Jim Skeel

·
Supporting Vendor
6,009 Posts
That was helpful!

What length is Winchester producing today?

Jim Skeel

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as I know, they produce both. If the HS logo is boxed in print,or if there is an underline of the HS logo on hull they are long. Otherwise they are short. Hope this helps.

Dan

·
Registered
583 Posts
It's a real and significant difference. the early HS hulls are about 3/32" or so shorter than the hulls produced today (HS Longs). If you're using Universal Clays with the "short" hulls you will have a problem getting a crimp using 3/4 oz. of shot.

I use an 11/16 oz bushing (slightly overbored) for my short hulls with Universal with AA wads and AA clones. If you want to load a full 3/4oz load with the short hulls, you have to use a dense powder - like Longshot.

I can't wait until my shorties finally fall apart. PITA to change loading setups and keep the hulls separated.

John

·
Supporting Vendor
6,009 Posts
Thanks for the education.

I have around 3000 old style compression molded AA's that I need to use up before I switch to the HS hull. I just acquired a Remington 1100 Sporting 28 so it may not take too long.

Jim Skeel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.