Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale Winchester 101 Trap Combo 34" top single non ported fixed full there is a small dent in the top single rib but very hard to notice ,32" O/U barrels are im mod/ full ,gun comes with all paperwork and hangtags one of the forearms has dent on each side near the rear where it appears to be put in a vise or something noticeable but no cracks ,comes with hard case in rough shape but very functional ,call Jim @ 269-685-7037 9am to 8pm EST price is $1349.95 o.b.o. + shipping to your FFL ...
cody4gold_2010_28042506.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28042507.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28042508.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28042509.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28042510.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28042511.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28042512.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28042513.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28042514.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28042515.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28042516.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28042517.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28042518.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28042519.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28042520.jpg

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not a Diamond Grade and skeet man is right. It has had a Diamond Grade stock put on it. The stock does not make it worth Diamond Grade level.

·
Registered
13,611 Posts
Looks like a chunk of wood missing out of the forend in picture 5, and a possibly a crack in the forend show in pics 4 and 6 as well.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Selling this for a friend and just going off what he told me about he gun and I have seen the gun and can also check it tomorrow if I find any cracks I will update the posting ...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As you can clearly see in my post I never called this gun Diamond Grade which is a newer gun with silver receiver and diamond on the receiver I said it a Black Diamond Grade which is a older gun ordered in the 60's and as it states on the tags TRAP COMBO black diamonds had a black diamond in the stock right behind the receiver which ment upgraded wood which I will take a picture of tomorrow I have never seen a field combo with a single trap barrel before have any of you out there only field combo's i ever seen were in 12/20 gauge or 20/28 im not saying im right but never seen any before....

·
Banned
486 Posts
Its what the owner stated, no field guns made in combos with a single barrell, i have a diamond trap and they made a under and over single combo and by them selves.

·
Registered
13,611 Posts
I never said it was a "field gun" or "field combo", I said it was a "field grade" (aka standard grade). The terms are generally used interchangeably when referencing the lowest end/least embellished variations of shotguns.

Winchester (olin kodensha) made the 101 in this engraving pattern in field, skeet, and trap models. The engraving, mechanics, and wood grade were all identical, only difference was the barrel length and the stock dimensions (and field guns and I believe skeet guns had a plastic buttplate and the trap guns had a facsimile of a recoil pad).

I would like to see documentation of a "Black Diamond" grade, as I have never seen such a thing, and have never heard of such a thing. The Bluebook does not list this as a possible option either. The only references that can be found googling the phrase "winchester 101 "black diamond"" come up with the Diamond grade guns and stocks, and this thread.

The Diamond Grade guns did in fact use a stock that is IDENTICAL to the stock on the gun in question, black diamond inlay and all.

Someone put a Diamond Grade stock on a field grade gun. That also explains why there is a mis-match in the checkering patterns, the stock has the Diamond Grade design, and both forends have the field grade design.

I stand by my original opinion unless documentation can be produced to the contrary.

My guess is you are thinking of the Winchester 12 Black Diamond grade, and assuming there was a corresponding terminology for the 101s...

If in doubt, contact Chris Showler @ http://www.doublegunshop.com/showler.htm he is the undisputed 101 expert, and responds to emails pretty quickly in my experience. I think you'll find he backs up what I'm saying.

·
Registered
13,611 Posts
Here is a picture of what the forend that matches that stock should look like:

View attachment 174150

And full pics of a Diamond grade showing it having a stock identical to the stock on this gun (correct for that one, not for this one).

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How many times do I have to state I never said it was a diamond grade ,you all do know that in 5 or 6 weeks winter will be over can you not find a better hobby till then than pick apart peoples posting its a really nice trap combo for 1600 or if that's your only hobby I also have a perazzi listed for a friend maybe it will spark something to make you feel bigger and better about yourself by picking that apart also ...

·
Registered
13,611 Posts
No, you claimed it was a "Black Diamond Grade", something which simply does not exist.

Correcting information that is incorrect does not constitute "picking apart".

·
Banned
486 Posts
Field grade type engraving ,yes, I thought field grade combo, have to reread the thread, I have a diamond grade unsingle combo and a black diamond mod. 12, both cool guns even for todays winchester guys. Not a bad price for the combo for any starter or someone looking for a well priced combo, good luck with sale.

·
Registered
13,611 Posts
http://www.gunsamerica.com/907285398/M_101_trap_oversingle_field_grade_12ga.htm

I guess I'm not the only one that refers to them as "Field Grade", Chris Showler does too, and he's pretty much the foremost expert on the Winchester 101 line...

http://www.rockislandauction.com/viewitem/aid/57/lid/1690

And here is one from a highly respected auction house.

The issue wasn't the fact that the stock had been changed. The issue was the fact that it wasn't advertised as having been changed, and was advertised using a name of grade which does not exist to explain the stock change/mismatch. All the OP had to do is change the ad to state "Winchester 101 with aftermarket Diamond Grade stock installed" and it would have solved/prevented any problems. Good, bad, or indifferent, at least the buyer would know what they were getting.

Listings with incorrect/inaccurate information get corrected ALL the time on here. If it wasn't by me, it would have been by someone else.

I really don't think I climbed all over anyone. Correcting someone elses incorrect information does not constitute "climbing all over someone".

If someone bought this gun wanting an all-original gun, or bought this gun thinking they were getting a "Black Diamond Grade", they'd be very disappointed in either instance.

And I never said or implied that Cody4Gold was a scammer, if you are inferring that, you are WAY off base.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts